PDA

View Full Version : Nikko Big Bubba not working

TedB
09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I picked up a Nikko Big Bubba but it is not working. I repaced all the batteries but nothing is working. There is a red light on the remote when I turn it on but the car engine will not start. Is there a place (toronto, ontario) where I can get it fixed? Does anyone have any hints on trouble shooting this?:confused:

tadium54
09-20-2009, 02:59 PM
do you have any response at all from the controller? if not, im guessing the board is fried. i could be wrong but the nikko big bubba isnt a hobby grade rc

FESTER2004
09-20-2009, 06:05 PM
you could possibly rip out the board and wire up a regular esc n use another radio setuo.i have a golden arrow like this.

welcome to the boards!

mac2118
10-07-2009, 05:40 PM
This might be your lucky day. I got my Big Bubba for Chrismas 20 years ago. about 15 years ago I snapped one of the drive shafts. A couple years ago I found a Big Bubba on ebay that I could use for spare parts to get my bubba running agian. I happened to do this earlier today. If you'd like, I'll send you the extra board that's inside the truck itself

the horrible thing is that I can't find my battery and charger to see if my repairs work or not