PDA

View Full Version : 2.4GHz reciever and transmitter linking

Redbullrider111
02-08-2010, 12:10 AM
i've been semi out of the sport for accouple years and am wanting to get back in, i still have a nitro onroad car that just needs radio and it will be runable, but i'm looking into buying an RTR model, not sure what yet but looking at some with 2.4GHz radio systems, my question is how do i know if a reciever will link to the 2.4GHz radio system that comes with the RTR, will it have to be an identical reciever or any 2.4GHz reciever???? sorry if this is a dumb question but like i said i've been out for quite a while and am not up to date on the new stuff that much n i'd like to save on not have two separate radio for the two vehicles.

InspGadgt
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
It will need to be the same brand and maybe the same model...depends on the system largely. But for the most part if you stick within the same brand you'll be fine.

zueslilbuddy
02-08-2010, 10:59 PM
You would take rx #2 turn on your radio turn on power to rx and push the ''bind'' button on the reciever done, the tx/rx are now linked together.

Redbullrider111
02-09-2010, 11:39 AM
You would take rx #2 turn on your radio turn on power to rx and push the ''bind'' button on the reciever done, the tx/rx are now linked together.

but they have to be the same brand and modulation and so forth??

zueslilbuddy
02-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Some will bind with other brands but its a hit and miss thing.
I've yet to see a compatability list.