PDA

View Full Version : slayer help

BIGTATER23
08-04-2010, 02:29 AM
OK if anyone noticed, i have posted a few times on here about a new truck i got. well it needed a lot of work just to get running, so i scrapped that idea, and i ended up getting a fairly used traxxas slayer. i have been checking these out and REALLY wanted one, so i am excited to get my hands on one. it has the 3.3 motor in it, and after charging the starter battery, it fired right up.

question 1: does anyone have a link to the owners manual for this truck? it is pretty dirty, and i would like to take it apart and clean it up really nice, but i would like the manual to refer back to.

question 2: where can i get some cheap tires for this thing? the guy gave me a set of brand new wheels, i just need to buy the tires. i am looking for as cheap as i can get, because i will just be bashing(carefully) no serious racing.
He didn't know you were supposed to glue the tires, so he drove it a bunch of times and they kept flying off mid jump and on the street and stuff, so the stock wheels were ruined. thanks for the help!

Old_School_RC_1
08-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Traxxas's website has all the manuals and part lists available for download, just go to the product page and click on the manual link.

MattHiggins
08-05-2010, 09:20 AM
For tires, go to your local track and see if any of the short course racers have stock tires they'd be willing to sell. You'll probably score some unused pre-mounted tires.

BIGTATER23
08-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Thanks Matt! Unfortunately, I ordered some online. i ordered 2 sets of preglued tires and wheels for 18 bucks a pair! I will keep that in mind for next time though.

BIGTATER23
08-06-2010, 12:17 PM
another question. I started my slayer the other night when i got to to make sure it ran ok. I didn't have tires or wheels yet, so i just had it sitting on a table. well, when giving it throttle, it would go up just fine, but when you let off, all of the axles would almost immediately stop spinning. is this normal? i would have expected it to coast a bit. but maybe not. just thought i would ask.