PDA

View Full Version : Speed Secrets of the Pros--Online Exclusive Article

MattHiggins
09-09-2010, 09:38 AM

Want to go faster and win more races? If so, check out this article (http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E29CAE68A6D4457BA0FB171BEC7D56D2&nm=Site+Features&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=A751523F31D14A47B376492FD4056AC8). It's free, it's fun and it will make you fast.

st_dragn_wagen
09-09-2010, 01:22 PM
no offence here, but isn't that all just kind of common sense?

MattHiggins
09-09-2010, 01:37 PM
no offence here, but isn't that all just kind of common sense?

No offence taken, but I don't believe so or I wouldn't have written the article. As we gain experience in RC, almost everything we learn gets reclassified as common sense.

As some guy name Voltaire is credited with saying, "Common sense is not so common."

pokemont17
09-14-2010, 12:09 AM

Want to go faster and win more races? If so, check out this article (http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E29CAE68A6D4457BA0FB171BEC7D56D2&nm=Site+Features&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=A751523F31D14A47B376492FD4056AC8). It's free, it's fun and it will make you fast.

Such a very amazing link!

mariomart
09-14-2010, 06:26 AM
Great tips for a newb like me. I went out for the first time ever last weekend to a raceway with my brand new truck and I wish I had read this article before going. Luckily for me the track owner came out after a while and gave me and my kids a few pointers on truck handling, jump timing and reading the track. It made the rest of the day much more enjoyable.

Unless you are a god of RC I'm sure there is always something to learn from others experience, and I for one say "Thank You" for the tips.

Cheers :) Mario

rccardude04
09-14-2010, 11:08 PM
You know, I know all those things but never think to actually listen to myself.

I walk the track during my first corner marshal time usually. Other than that, I always think about when I was hacked until I can hack back. I have trouble not paying attention to battles. etc.

Maybe I'll think about it more this year and do more gooder. :D

-Eric

4DMNYC
09-15-2010, 08:58 AM
I always walk the track and visualize how each turn or jump will handle. It's basically mental prep for the race.

Something else I find helpful. Is to watch the other drivers during practice. The good drivers and the bad ones. See what lines they're choosing, where they're hitting the jumps, how they're taking certain turns etc etc. It's a really good starting point for me.

Also, getting to the event EARLY-like two days early for practice time is probably the most beneficial thing you can do imo. I know track conditions change frequently, but I found that memorizing each physical motion needed to get around every turn and jump is key to running a clean successful race. It will make you faster for sure.

Also, knowing how to dial in your car is good;)

MattHiggins
09-15-2010, 09:31 AM
You know, I know all those things but never think to actually listen to myself.
-Eric

I know what you mean. I raced this weekend and the track was kicking my butt. It got me totally frustrated and I still didn't take my own advice and walk the track.

I did do something right and just slowed down.

rccardude04
09-15-2010, 09:58 AM
I know what you mean. I raced this weekend and the track was kicking my butt. It got me totally frustrated and I still didn't take my own advice and walk the track.

I did do something right and just slowed down.

:D I've always been really good at slowing down. Especially since, because of scheduling, I rarely get to go early enough to practice. Qual 1 is my practice 99% of the time. LOL. Can't even pretend to go fast without even knowing where the turns are. :p

Usually after about 20 laps I'm good. There always seems to be something, sometimes 2 jumps or corners that throw me off and I never really seem to get down.

-Eric

MattHiggins
09-15-2010, 11:41 AM
:D I've always been really good at slowing down. Especially since, because of scheduling, I rarely get to go early enough to practice. Qual 1 is my practice 99% of the time. LOL. Can't even pretend to go fast without even knowing where the turns are. :p

Usually after about 20 laps I'm good. There always seems to be something, sometimes 2 jumps or corners that throw me off and I never really seem to get down.

-Eric

You just described my racing efforts to a T