PDA

View Full Version : What is the most realistic rc drifter, rtr?

revodude14
10-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I have a b-less mt and obviously they do not make drift tires for it, i was looking at getting a drifter rc, 1/10 scale but really don't know, haven't read about or seen any of them. What ones are good? I like the new traxxas drift ralley car but it's a little small. Then again, 1/18 scale means garage drifting in the winter

92gsr
10-02-2010, 08:23 AM
If you want a realistic looking car I would recommend a Tamiya TT-01D or ED series chassis and get a Tamiya or HPI accessory kit (intercooler, exhaust, etc).

If you want something that drifts realistically you are out of luck. Real cars have over a ton of weight to swing around. You break the rear tires loose and use the limited traction to control the momentum of the car swinging around while you guide the front of the car with the steering.

RC cars have completely different physics. They do not have enough mass to drift like real cars. We must use 4wd to break front traction to allow the car to drift. Otherwise you will either spin out or straighten up.

There is also a counter steer setup for RC drift cars that allows them to drift more realistically, but that is a whole lot more information you may not want.

jlee
10-04-2010, 09:35 AM
HPI makes some good drifting stuff!