PDA

View Full Version : “RC Car Action” 2 Thumbs up!

SFC K
10-01-2010, 09:26 PM
So on Wednesday I got home a little late from work and started getting dinner ready. Door bell rings and the UPS man dropped a box off on the front step; seemed odd because I wasn’t expecting anything. It was covered in HPI tape and was addressed to me. But first let’s back up a minute.

So I won the RC Car Action Readers Ride of the month back in April 2010. Well I never received the free Novak motor that I was supposed to get. I have been emailing back and forth with the marketing team since. Well last week I remembered that I still had not received my prize and sent another e-mail. Found out that Novak was not going to honor the certificate because it was so long ago that I won. Anyway, Emil responded back to me right away and asked what kind of RCs I had, projects I was working on and my address. I sent him the info he had asked for.

Back to Wensday evening. I was so anxious to see what was in the box; I turned the stove off and started tearing into the box.

Here is what was inside! :)

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/SFC_K/IMG_0404.jpg

I was so shocked I was sweating when I found the brand New HPI Blitz in the bottom of the box. I could not believe it when Emil from RCCA told me that he was going to send me a better prize then a motor. I thought I was going to get a T-shirt shirt and some hop up stuff for one of my many RC’s. Boy I was wrong!

I’m still in shock! I am sincerely grateful to the RCCA Staff and especially to Emil from the marketing team for sending me the HPI Blitz and other goodies! I would have posted this earlier, but I was waiting for Emil to tell me it was ok to post this here.

Thanks RCCA! :wave: I really do appreciate the awesome prizes!

Jeff

mariomart
10-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Well done. It's great to hear stories like this as it show that there are still companies out there that value their customers and are prepared to go that one step further than most.

Well done to RCCA for showing the little person that they do matter.

Cheers :) Mario

FESTER2004
10-01-2010, 11:06 PM
nice!!!!

See ,who's the best r/c magazine in the world??

Radio Control Car Action!!!

hijacker
10-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Wow, thats awesome!

Just think if they did this for all the winners of the Paint Contest that didn't get their prizes! Nah.

Good job RCCA, I'm impressed.

one
10-02-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm really happy to hear about RCCA doing this because these types of actions go back to the late 80's when I first started reading and they'd do something cool. It is partially RCCA, but in general it's the person on the other end so thumbs to Emil.

Cope57
10-02-2010, 09:48 PM
So I won the RC Car Action Readers Ride of the month back in April 2010. Well I never received the free Novak motor that I was supposed to get. I have been emailing back and forth with the marketing team since. Well last week I remembered that I still had not received my prize and sent another e-mail. Found out that Novak was not going to honor the certificate because it was so long ago that I won.

Jeff

But you still WON, and in my opinion Novak has an obligation to sending you a motor of equal or better value.

If the winner did not receive the unclaimed prize, then who did? If I was to have a contest, and have prizes for the winner, I would not be able to get away with hiding it in the red tape and produce nothing to the winner.

It was wrong of them to treat you the way they did, and from reading about this situation, I will no longer purchase their products. It will be my own personal strike against them. I know I am not going to make any impact by doing this, but I will feel better for doing so. Maybe this thread will reach the radio control communities throughout the world, and Novak may take notice and they send you a motor, who knows, I am just rambling.
:mad:

Oh, congrats... ;)

MattHiggins
10-04-2010, 08:23 AM
It was wrong of them to treat you the way they did, and from reading about this situation, I will no longer purchase their products. It will be my own personal strike against them.

Before anyone condemns Novak, who has excellent customer support and a great reputation for a reason, please realize the error was probably on our part. We're only human and make mistakes just like everyone else.

4DMNYC
10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Definitely a bas a$$ move:cool: on car actions part. Personally I'd rather have the Blitz...

SFC K
10-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Definitely a bas a$$ move:cool: on car actions part. Personally I'd rather have the Blitz...

I'd rather have the Blitz too! I'm really happy with it so far and put some of the RCCA decals to use on it!

I'm not pointing blame at all at anyone. I'm just happy that it was resolved. Emil and I were both really paitient with each other. He came in the picture long after I had won. I'm not blaming Novak either. I love their products and will contuniue to buy electronics from them.