PDA

View Full Version : Larger Fuel Tank

Kuldeep
10-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Is there a taller more high capacity fuel tank you can put into a truggy like RC8T?

Kuldeep
11-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Anyone???????

LD3Furious
11-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I believe the LST tank is 225CC so yes, there are larger tanks available. Wether or not you can find a way to mount one, well, that would be entirely up to your ingenuity/fabbing abilities.

Kuldeep
11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I know there tanks out there that are bigger, but I was wondering if anyone came across a direct drop in for a RC8T.

Basically the same exact tank, just taller.

chewie
11-08-2010, 05:06 PM
i have small 30 cc(i think) reserve tanks available for purchase you just plumb them into the stock tank. and mount them. they will also keep your car from dying if it flips over.

rccardude04
11-08-2010, 11:08 PM
The problem with a taller tank is that you get more gravity feeding while the tank is full. This means you get to tune it like a Savage, where it's rich at the beginning of the tank and lean at the end. Obviously a small amount won't be a big difference, but if you're looking to do something like double the capacity, you're going to have a heck of a time tuning it. Plus, when you fill it up, the engine will pretty much just flood since the fuel will want to flow out.

An auxillary tank like Chewie mentioned is actually not a bad idea. Helicopters use them all the time to keep bubbles out of the line to the engine. Lots of people use them to increase flight times by a couple minutes in some cases.

-Eric

hijacker
11-09-2010, 01:27 AM
i have small 30 cc(i think) reserve tanks available for purchase you just plumb them into the stock tank. and mount them. they will also keep your car from dying if it flips over.

Whoa Chewie! Nice to see you around again.

Back into r/c?