PDA

View Full Version : Traffic up?

4DMNYC
01-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Has anyone else noticed that traffic is up slightly around here? Granted it's only a little. But It's seems like we're on the road to recovery!

st_dragn_wagen
01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah. also noticed a few people with a couple hundred posts (thousand posts in a couple cases) and im thinking who the hell are you and how and when did you show up and get all those posts?

cbaker65
01-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I was on another forum,an a week litterly went by
with out a post,its like a ghost town...:eek:
Thats why I joined this one...:D
I was on a rated rc forum an managed to kill 2
pc's,now im on the laptop,my wife banned me
from that forum,they let too much crap in,which
carries to many hazzard viruses...:mad:
It was an awsome forum,never a dull moment,
every goes....:D:D:p
I miss my old forum homies...:(:(

01-20-2011, 06:26 AM
I've noticed more spam than regular posters since I came out of lurk mode.

MattHiggins
01-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Converting lurkers to active posters is the tough part. Traffic is up here and on our main site. We will soon be reorganizing the forums which should help a lot also

ducati777
01-20-2011, 10:54 AM
In general... people like replies!

There are some fantastic projects that get posted, and not 1 reply. If someone is doing something cool, let them know.

jeffro2
01-20-2011, 12:53 PM

There are some fantastic projects that get posted, and not 1 reply. If someone is doing something cool, let them know.

Agreed, and I'm probably guilty of not replying enough myself.

Converting lurkers to active posters is the tough part. Traffic is up here and on our main site. We will soon be reorganizing the forums which should help a lot also

Just a thought Matt, on the forum reorganizing.. I know Rock Crawling is not dead, just slowed down, but whats the chances of a "Rock Crawler\ Scaler " Forum.. It just seems alot of the builds in the Rock Crawler section are what I would call Scalers,

What would you call this build ?? I doubt if it sees many rocks, probably more trails and dirt then anything.. Just a thought I've had for awhile.. Thanks. :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5368291359_2633f134c7_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5281/5368900086_d298197f69_z.jpg

ducati777
01-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Hey its the internet, I get to disagree right???

I'm thinking we need fewer forums, not more. I don't want to find the 1 specialized forum that differentiates between scale and non scale crawlers...

How about 1 forum for fun builds, whatever they may be?

I just like seeing what others are building and driving, it doesn't have to be very specific. I rarely go in the crawler sections, but there are some really cool projects there.

4DMNYC
01-20-2011, 01:27 PM

Indeed-that's the thing. I've seen people post projects here with very little conversation. In most cases people start a topic because they want to talk about it (granted if it's a stupid topic no one will post in the thread) but when someone posts something cool and it doesn't get a response, they'll go to another board and post it. And frankly, some of the other forums are just plain annoying. I can think of one that's a frikken ZOO! Anyway...we're here to discuss,gain knowledge and share knowledge. Let's make this board great again!

ducati777
01-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I bet the average join date of posters keeps going up and up... only us old timers hang out now.

Woot! I just noticed I've got the earliest in this thread.

jeffro2
01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Nevermind, sorry to intrude on the quiet world here. I won't bother you with my ugly crap anymore.

ducati777
01-20-2011, 02:22 PM
lol, what?

Dude, thats a cool looking truck. Its the exact thing this forum needs more of.

But if you want people to see it, wouldn't you want it in a high traffic general forum as opposed to a specific model based forum?

4DMNYC
01-20-2011, 02:32 PM
yeah jeffro post away!

jeffro2
01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Sorry, about that, I was P. O ed about something here and I took it out on you..

Just so ya know, I'm grumpier then I wanna be sometimes :o

May I start over ?? Please. :)

lol what

Dude, thats a cool looking truck. Its the exact thing this forum needs more of.

But if you want people to see it, wouldn't you want it in a high traffic general forum as opposed to a specific model based forum?

@ ducati, Thank you,, I see what you mean, there is so many different area here, it does get confusing.

Question for you guys ??? I always figured I didn't get many responses because no one, except one guy usually comments on them, so I just assume they are crappy.. what say you, in all honesty.

For some reason I keep coming back here and I guess its the memories of the original RCCA (magazine)back in the day (the 1st years) when I was much younger.

yeah jeffro post away!

Are ya sure ya want me too ? I have several that I can post up

ducati777
01-20-2011, 04:03 PM
I didn't comment on your truck in this thread because this one was about site traffic....

Try something like:

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=261530&page=2

Lille Buller
01-20-2011, 04:12 PM
I wanna see all your ugly junk Jeffro!!:p

Ive got a somewhat devided feel on this, because i think its a shame that builds like Jeffs end up in the monster truck forum, caus it issnt, then again its a shame to have it posted in a specific scaler forum that most ppl never go to because it+s not as much speed and action as a savage flux or a slash..

To be honnest, i never roam the forum list..
I go to my user cp to check for tread updates and then go to new posts..
Ive only got 4 r/cs 2 vintage and 2 newer ( Kyosho sandmaster ST and a Tamiya TA02
And an Hpi rs4 3 evo+ and some 1:8 Graupner - Hilti monster truck)
Exept for the hpi its not really the most active models in the scene, when i got here i did a search for the models i had saw what popped up so now theres no need for me to go there..

I dont think that more diffentiated forums is a bad thing, aslong as they are not stowed away behind the more profiled subjects such as SC..:teacher:

Fastgas
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80ifKt6EOI&feature=related

4DMNYC
01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Are ya sure ya want me too ? I have several that I can post up

Of course dude!! We love projects around here! Seriously. There are a lot of guys here who know their stuff. And like to see peoples work.

cbaker65
01-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Iheard Rc10.com was up for sale...:p

zueslilbuddy
01-30-2011, 09:35 AM
I still pop in from time to time.
I kinda stopped posting my stuff tho because no one ever posts in my threads, good or bad.
I meen when you spend 30-45 minutes to post a thread, try to make it a good read, and not one responce, it gets to the point that you don't
want to post.
This was like the first site I joined when I hit the online RC scene.

Kinda sad to say the least.

catawissarocket
01-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Isn't this the whole reason their is a forum, for people to post and people to comment. its sad when you see all the views and no response. eventually the forum becomes a ghost town,sort of speak..:wave:i may be new here but not r/c.if i can help someone out i will. some people are to lazy to type and just read..

Fastgas
01-31-2011, 08:40 AM
that yellow beast,looks so like the real deal it took me a few to see it was rc lol nice.