PDA

View Full Version : Looking for electric advise

shroomtrippin
04-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Well I am thinking about getting back into the r/c world. I have been out for along time. the last car I built was a rc10(buggy), but so much had changed in the last 10 years, from the motors to the batteries. I am looking to build yet again, I was wondering if everybody here could give me some advise, I would like to stay electric. I would use it mostly on pavement but would like to take it off-road also, if I chose to. My neighbor has a nitro truck (it does about 50mph) it would be cool to spank him.:wave:
Please any advise or suggestions welcomed.

Also getting my 5 year old son into the hobby, but I think I will buy him a cheap car from the toy stare to start. He is a nut...lol

torrnado88
04-20-2011, 12:34 AM
anything by novak or tekin, you might even wanna try brushless, i have a few cars that are brushless..and if you want a truck try a rc10t3, they are the most stable truck i have found, i have a old novak gt7 in mine and i get 80 mph out of mine, if you have any questions feel free to email me, id be more than happy to help you

torrnado88
04-20-2011, 12:38 AM
hey ya might even wanna try a thunder tiger phoenix st or a st2 they are fast straight out of the box and they have aluminum optional parts to make it stronger. they are selling for pretty cheap on www.rcboyz.com, and the best part they come assembled and you get everything but the batteries for like 150 bucks?

shroomtrippin
04-22-2011, 07:10 AM
I think I found the buggy I want..... the HPI Vorza flux hp. Anyone have any opinions?

trugsta
04-23-2011, 02:17 AM
I think I found the buggy I want..... the HPI Vorza flux hp. Anyone have any opinions?

Thats a Great starting point (return point).
and with a LIPO battery you probably will whoop your neighbour or atleast keep up with him and when he stops for fule you will still be doing laps.

shroomtrippin
04-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Well, I like that it could be upgraded to 70mph+ speeds pretty easily... and all the videos I watched they are pretty tough. what Lipo's will fit? I see the 11.1v they sell on Hpi's website wont fit, thats weird because I thought the battery mount was adjustable and would fit just about any battery..
Also the boys picked out the cars they want... (Associated Rc10b4.1 rtr)

shroomtrippin
05-02-2011, 12:24 PM
OK, so I keep seeing that the vorza is capable is 80+... what gearing do you need? I also am going to order the 2650kv motor.. thanks for the help