PDA

View Full Version : Strongest transmission for mamba monster

one4stevo
05-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Looking to build a truck with the millions of parts i have laying around. i have a mamba monster in the draw and was thinking of using it in this project only thing i need really is a transmission i was looking at the E MAXX 3908 is this a good tranny? or is there something stronger? ty

Old_School_RC_1
05-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Considing you can buy a new EMAXX with a Mamba Monster installed, I'd say it's fine.

I can vouch that they are mighty beefy.

zueslilbuddy
05-31-2011, 07:18 PM
LST2 transmission is pretty much bullet proof.
I've seen may E-Maxx transmissions fail.

one4stevo
06-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks guys i was not going to use a lst transmission because i thought i would have to use the aux to engage reverse, but after a few Google search i found you can remove the one way bearing and lock the gear so then i can use the esc for reverse and brakes. LST box it is Thanks again everyone :)

zueslilbuddy
06-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks guys i was not going to use a lst transmission because i thought i would have to use the aux to engage reverse, but after a few Google search i found you can remove the one way bearing and lock the gear so then i can use the esc for reverse and brakes. LST box it is Thanks again everyone :)

Rite, in my LST2 XXL my transmission has the FOC conversion, it also has the gear swap giving it just a little more top end.
Also get either ''The Dude'' single speed hub or the Losi single speed hub, this allows the use of the motor for reverse.

LSTForum''dot''com is a great source of information on these transmissions.

Good luck.

one4stevo
06-14-2011, 08:15 AM
zueslilbuddy Thank you for that site its pure Gold for me at this point. Im going to start and put something together in the coming weeks keep you all informed

Thanks again :)