PDA

View Full Version : fg marder help wanted

scooby191
09-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi all need to clarify something, just bought a fg marder 26 cc yeah been over the field today with my boys having a bit of father son time as we do :D was operating the car pretty heavy as thats what they are made for, and it cut out, straight away i thought it was fuel as it was low so topped it up and it took a few pulls to get it going again thought nothing of it, drove it around again for 5 mins and it stopped completeley went over to it tried to start it again and it was solid to pull so yeah you have guessed its top end has **** its self but its not down to me or oil no i think its down to what i found on the head when stripped it down to find the fault, there was lots and lots of grass in between the fins of the head so i'm guessing i've cooked the piston hence why it has seized just want to know if any of you guys agree with me or know of someone who has had this problem before any help would be grateful thanks for reading

Admin2
09-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Grass and junk getting into your pullstart can have the same effect. This is why outwears covers are so important on large scale rigs. One other thing it might be is that the coil loosened up and is locking the flywheel. Pull your pullstart and fan covers off and clean and inspect everything before you start ripping the motor down.

If in fact you did overheat it you may need a headkit but start with the simple things first!!!

quick5pnt0
09-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Yea it sounds like it was either overheated or run lean. The only thing you can really do right now is pull the head off the engine and see whats up. If the piston or cylinder have grooves in them that you can feel with your finger then its time to replace them both. You can either look for a replacement 26cc cylinder or go with a big bore kit like a 29cc or 30.5cc.

bill mossor
09-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I bought a HPI 5B & had problems just like you had with my motor so I sent it back to HPI & they rebuilt it at no charge . It works great now . I dont know about FG but if you just bought it they should fix it free of charge unless they are a bad company & dont stand behind their products the way HPI does .Good luck & please let us know if FG stands behind ther products . I get mine covered in grass all the time with no problems so I dont think thats your problem . my problem was crome coming off the piston inside the head .

2The5thPower
09-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Grass and junk getting into your pullstart can have the same effect. This is why outwears covers are so important on large scale rigs. One other thing it might be is that the coil loosened up and is locking the flywheel. Pull your pullstart and fan covers off and clean and inspect everything before you start ripping the motor down.

If in fact you did overheat it you may need a headkit but start with the simple things first!!!

I was thinking the same thing too. This is were I would start.

These little engines can take a fair bit of abuse and still run pretty well. Take it apart and tell us what you see.