PDA

View Full Version : So...? What's the new craze?

Ihaveaxrayt2r
09-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Or even one? Lol

So.... anything?

SC trucks still in the big game, or did they fade off like others?
Is traxxas still alright? (Coming from a old fan) or did they sell them selves out. With sponsering ever single vehicle sport out there. Xp

Losi....? (All I have to ask)

Team Associated/AE haven't heard or seen anything new from them lately?

Just throwing out my wondering mind. Might head back into the hobby again soon.
Was just checking out my choices.

P.S. Hello to fellow members of the past.

Admin2
09-12-2011, 08:09 AM
SC trucks and Crawlers are still going strong.
Losi Released a new 1/5 scale gasoling truck this weekend.
Traxxas still into motorsports.
Team AE havn't seen much new from them for a bit.
HPI showed off a 1/5th 4x4 E-Baja new platform this weekend.

st_dragn_wagen
09-12-2011, 01:36 PM
second opinion

Or even one? Lo

So.... anything?

SC trucks still in the big game, or did they fade off like others?
depends on where you live. i was just up in sac town area. didn't see a lot of SC action. lots of crawlers and monster trucks though. down here, buggy's and stadium trucks are starting to gain popularity. and 1/8 is slowly becoming the new 1/10 scale

Is traxxas still alright? (Coming from a old fan) or did they sell them selves out. With sponsering ever single vehicle sport out there. Xp
im not touching that one

Losi....? (All I have to ask)
confusion. there's losi and TLR (Team Losi Racing). TLR is the racing side, but some of the same products are offered with a losi name and come RTR. i still don't see a problem with having race kits, intermediate kits and RTR's all under one name but aparently horizon does. but they did drop a new 1/10 buggy a short time ago that seem like it's going to be a game changer

Team Associated/AE haven't heard or seen anything new from them lately?
it's the calm before the storm. the bigger the calm, the bigger the storm. at this point whatever they do next is going to be apocalyptical

P.S. Hello to fellow members of the past.
sup

trugsta
09-12-2011, 06:38 PM
1/8 racing is were its at.
Buggy/Truggy even though I hear that truggy in the USA is strting to fade its as big as ever here in Aus.

Also alot of new 1/10 scale Like the lossi.22 and 22T.
and the Asc B4.1 & B44.1 they are always a great option because most tracks are indoor so the weather isnt a factor...

Pretty much same as it ever was.
with the exeption of 5th scale and rc dirt bikes and SC there the newish kids on the block..

Ihaveaxrayt2r
09-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Interesting. I'm thinking about just going with HPI's savage again. Enjoy the time when I used to own one. Guess I have to see if I have spare money around by november.

Sup, ST how's life treating yea?

Any other opinions?

st_dragn_wagen
09-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Sup, ST how's life treating yea?

same ole' crap. single, sober, and broke
hopefully things are better on your end

Ihaveaxrayt2r
09-14-2011, 10:37 PM
same ole' crap. single, sober, and broke
hopefully things are better on your end

Wow, sorry to hear man. Hope all goes well.

As for me. Still in school with a larger focus on training for my future career as an Auto mechanic.

Also trying to keep myself occupied with odd jobs untill I am able to find a more stable job.

Enough about me xP so back to R/C's.
Looking at the HPI's RTR Savage the new gen one. With the 2.4ghz radio.
I would go for the old ss kit but at my limited wallet amount that I will have its be cheaper for me to spend it on a RTR.

quick5pnt0
09-15-2011, 03:01 AM
it's the calm before the storm. the bigger the calm, the bigger the storm. at this point whatever they do next is going to be apocalyptical

Gotta wonder if they'll be the next to go 1/5 scale. ;)

lordoftraxxas
09-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Gotta wonder if they'll be the next to go 1/5 scale. ;)

Maybe, but if so their going to drop a bombshell! And its going to come in the form of an electric 1/5 St lol:D!

st_dragn_wagen
09-16-2011, 05:01 PM
they've got to have a new buggy and stadium truck brewing. which also means a new short course truck. a second generation MGT wouldn't be a big surprise. possibly electric. MT's seem to be making a comeback. a new generation of RC8 and RC8T probably isn't to far off.

i could see them doing something a little off the wall with an almost extinct class like nitro stadium trucks. there hasn't been any new or serious progression with those in almost 10 years. HPI seems to sell a pretty decent amount of firestorms. an RC10GT3 could revive and revolutionize the class. as well as breed a nitro short course class which a lot of people have been wanting.

i just hope they remember some of us want/need a team kit version. not a factory team kit. not an RTR. just a standard team kit with ball diff! better than the RTR but not as built up as the factory team.

SuburbnHooligan
09-16-2011, 11:33 PM
a second generation MGT wouldn't be a big surprise. possibly electric. MT's seem to be making a comeback.
one can only hope. id be stoked if they made an electric MGT 3.0

Ovalracer9988
09-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Being a carpet oval guy, we are still flying under the radar. Nothing new to report.

SuburbnHooligan
09-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Being a carpet oval guy, we are still flying under the radar. Nothing new to report.
dirt oval is "big" in some places. but carpet and paved oval? man im suppressed the manufactures even remember to make cars for you guys. that's such a small niche in the industry. weird considering it's one of the oldest racing segments of the hobby.

quick5pnt0
09-29-2011, 02:18 AM
It seems like carpet oval is dead but the reality is that tons of mom and pop hobby shops still run those classes on a weekly basis. The track near me is big on carpet oval racing, they've tried other classes and it always come back.