PDA

View Full Version : Not what i expected from a "Savage"

Ihaveaxrayt2r
11-21-2011, 01:14 AM
So i bought myself a Savage finally.

Was finally able to take it out for a good run today.
Sad thing is it was cut short. through it into a cart-wheel heard a "loud" snap. i dont know why but it was pretty impressive with the sound it made. landed on all 4's.
Walked over to see the front left a-arm snapped right off the hinges. Hard to explain really (on the location where it snapped) might upload a photo or two later. List the dog bone too.

Owning one before.... Remembering actually how hard it was to take it down.
Little disappointed. With RTR quality now. Wishing i got the kitt SS version.

All in all. I have to spend 30$ or so on a truck clamed to be "the toughest truck".
Back then... i believed that. Now... hmmmm hard to say. Oh well better hope RPM still makes decent parts.

andystoybox
11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Shoulda bought a Maxx.

SuburbnHooligan
11-21-2011, 08:29 PM
crazy things happen when you cart-wheel a truck. iv had some pretty weird breakages front that myself (although never on a savage, cause i don't own a savage).

ever seen a turnbuckle break, or a shock shaft bend because of a cart-wheel?

Old_School_RC_1
11-21-2011, 10:31 PM
My SS landed on the rear bumper on a jump gone bad and the back 1/2 of my engine case cracked and broke off (??) First time I've ever had a piston flopping around in midair. Not like it took a direct shot, so no clue what happened there aside from a poor quality case- my savage was no tougher than my other monsters per-se, though it did break in some strange places.

AERC78
11-22-2011, 10:54 PM
I have 3 Savages with RPM A-arms never broke one yet

Ihaveaxrayt2r
11-28-2011, 01:42 AM
"update"

huh, to be honest. Little confused. Couple days back got it fixed, up and running again.
While bashing in a closed off parking lot. Car came through while they werent supposed to. I didnt see them untill it was to late. So, long story short. Same area where i broke my a-arm shattered. Got run over this time. But..... Instead of the a-arm snapping apart and breaking i had it pop out of the hing pins.

Damage:
left front wheel gone
bent shock piston shaft
broken shock tower
smashed skide plate.
wires i dont know how on the reciver pack got cut.
Bent screws all over the place. Thats about it actually.
I find it funny it actually lodged underneath the wheel the wheel wasnt able to roll over it.
Car was a dodge pick-up smal two door.

rccardude04
11-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Wow, sounds like you mighta just got a bum molded arm on the first one. The SS has the same arms and what not, so I doubt it would actually be more durable other than the occasional defective piece.

As for the truck running over it, we had a guy get one run over by the right rear tire on a Saturn SC2. It tried to fold up between the tire and wheel well but fell out and probably screwed up their bumper pretty nice. They apparently didn't feel like stopping but the Savage was actually driven back to us, and there wasn't any damage other than a really bent rollbar. I was rather impressed.

FWD cars are pretty light on the back end usually, and he got lucky it didn't pull the truck up into the fender, but it was still pretty impressive!

-Eric

andystoybox
11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Stupid drivers! Why do they insist on driving full size cars on the roads we own?

rccardude04
11-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Stupid drivers! Why do they insist on driving full size cars on the roads we own?

lol, I figured the person in the Saturn would be PO'd that he drove his toy truck under their car. Even though I'm an R/C guy I'd be rather upset. It's our job to watch for full-size traffic just like r/c airplane guys have to watch for real airplanes.

Granted, lives aren't generally at stake and we usually take a lot more damage to R/C cars than the real car would but I'd still be stopping to check my bumper out lol.

-Eric

andystoybox
11-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Uh. Wasn't that reeking of sarcasm already? I think anyone that runs on a public road deserves to pay the deductible after the automobile operator takes it into a body shop for a repair. Find a safe place to run, people.

rccardude04
11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Uh. Wasn't that reeking of sarcasm already? I think anyone that runs on a public road deserves to pay the deductible after the automobile operator takes it into a body shop for a repair. Find a safe place to run, people.

lol, I caught the sarcasm. :)

-Eric

Ihaveaxrayt2r
11-29-2011, 08:02 PM

Dont know if this was also implied to me.
But i and a friend were in a abandon super market parking lot. (place went out of business year back) Blocked off so drivers dont cut through it. The guy wasnt supposed to be driving through it. I look out if i were to be bashing on the streets.
But thats looking to your left and right. Not behind you like my experience happened. Lol

rccardude04
11-29-2011, 09:59 PM
I can't speak for andystoybox but I was just saying in general. I assumed he was too but could be wrong. :)

Abandoned lots are a good place to play around but I usually put myself in a corner so I don't have to watch behind me. Makes it a little easier to feel safe!

-Eric