PDA

View Full Version : Started Box

Simbad
09-28-2001, 05:41 AM
Hi all,
This is my frist time posting so go esay ok:rolleyes: My problem is that I am a brand new driver. My wife got me a RC 10GT team for dads day and I had to start new with everything as you all know.So comes buying a starter box I want the one that will be easy for me and also fast. So I buy the Dynamite Ultra-Start deluxe starter box. As it saids that my car and the Losi GXT fit right in (wrong) So to make a long story short it seems that my car has a new and longer body and does not fit :( . So I e-mail Dynamite and so far no reply as to if they are coming out with a fix or not. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it.
Would appreciate any help I could get on this as I am so :confused: on this thing and a little mad:mad: too.

BoozzZ
09-28-2001, 09:56 AM
I believe most starter boxes have adjustable mounts, and adjustable motor position, so you can adjust it to make it fit your chassis.

Rotorranch
09-28-2001, 10:11 AM
We are using the Dynamite box on the GT's we have here, with no problem! You will have to adjust the posts, and may have to adjust the motors in the box also to get it to line up with the flywheel. We ended up using just 2 posts,on the left hand side of the truck.

Rotorhttp://www.rotarypowered.com/rotaryanimation.gif

Simbad
09-28-2001, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Rotorranch
We are using the Dynamite box on the GT's we have here, with no problem! You will have to adjust the posts, and may have to adjust the motors in the box also to get it to line up with the flywheel. We ended up using just 2 posts,on the left hand side of the truck.

Rotorhttp://www.rotarypowered.com/rotaryanimation.gif
Thanks for the fast reply but the starter box I have is a deluxe Starter with no posts just two plastic peices that the cars rear and front slide into and holds it on both sides. The back one fits good but the front one is under car as the new body is longer now,. Also the motor is not able to adjust. Did you cut holes into box to put posts on yours?.Is your box also a Ultra-start deluxe ?.
Still thinking!:confused:
Pat

Simbad
09-28-2001, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by BoozzZ
I believe most starter boxes have adjustable mounts, and adjustable motor position, so you can adjust it to make it fit your chassis.

Thanks Boozzz but this box does not have the option:( .

Pat

Rotorranch
09-28-2001, 09:57 PM
Pat.......the box we use here is the "Ready Start" model 5610. I had to go to Horizons web site to see what you have. Is yours the "Ultra Start" model 5700, or 5900? I am not familiar with either of them, other than what I learned at the web site. The photos are pretty poor at the Horizon site, so I really couldn't tell too much. At this point, I am at a loss. I will try to find some more info. My box require no mods other than adjustment, via factory made slots for the posts and the motors. :confused:

Rotor
http://www.rotarypowered.com/rotaryanimation.gif

Rotorranch
09-28-2001, 10:09 PM
From Horizonhobby.com

Manufacturer: DYNAMITE
Availability: Jan 1 2000
Category:
Gas Car/Truck Parts/Accys

Part Number: DYN5700

Product Name:
ULTRA-START STARTER BOX
Price: $119.95

This item is in stock.
This item can be gift-wrapped.

Ultra-Start Starter Box

Photo: ULTRA-START STARTER BOX

Dynamite's new Ultra-Start is a top-of-the-line starter box with advanced features that put it at the forefront of race technology.

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!
The Ultra-Start

For gas racers who are looking for the ultimate starter box, look no further! Dynamite's new Ultra-Start is a top-of-the-line starter box with advanced features that put it at the forefront of race technology.

It has a compact, powder-coated aluminum case that's only 12" long. Its twin Kevlar timing belts perform very smoothly, with low noise and virtually no chance of breakage. Smooth also describes the ball-raced 3-piece starter wheel, which is designed to make a firm, positive connection with your car or truck's flywheel.

Two 7.2V battery packs (not included) provide enough power to last all race-weekend long, so you can concentrate on your car or truck, not your starter box. All this power goes to the dual 540-size electric motors, giving you strong starts with plenty of torque for even the most finicky engines.

The Ultra-Start comes with adaptors for both AssociatedŽ and LosiŽ gas trucks. A convenient carrying handle and non-slip rubber feet complete the unit. For serious racers who want to upgrade to a world-class starter box, or for sport drivers who want to move up from pull-start systems, Dynamite's Ultra-Start is a great way to go!

Rotorranch
09-28-2001, 10:15 PM
Did your box come with 2 adapters?

Rotor

fastharry
09-29-2001, 12:06 AM
Maybe the new team chassis is a slightly different shape in the front than the old tub chassis those mounts were designed for....In that case,I would carefully grind away a little bit of the mount till the chassis sits down level....I use the Serpent box(same as the dynamite version) for My associated DS,and had to modifyy slightly....If you screw up,new mounts are cheap....

Simbad
09-29-2001, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Rotorranch
Did your box come with 2 adapters?

Rotor
Yes and it is a 5700 model. and came with two set ups for the two cars. one is for the losiGTX and the other is for the Associated GT, which does not fit. It,s a flat peice of plastic with a ] on one end and another ] on the other which the front end should slide into but don,t as the front of the body is to long:( . Would apperciate any thing you can find out about this.

:confused: