PDA

View Full Version : big bores

mudymaxx
04-04-2002, 12:32 AM
is this about how much these are
for acociated big bores 8 all together
The kit includes eight precision machined long-stroke (1.32" body) shocks, blue powder-coated 2.5 lb. shock springs, preload clips, a bottle of shock oil, a full set of 24 teflon shock pistons (3 different damping rates) and complete instructions.

heres a pic
for 58.95

TC3 Benjammin
04-04-2002, 01:58 AM
I bought them, but I am not sure what your question is....

mudymaxx
04-04-2002, 02:55 PM
i meant are they a good buy,and are they better than stock

TC3 Benjammin
04-04-2002, 03:13 PM
I like them pretty good. They work about as well as the stock shocks, but they theoretically should last longer because they're aluminum. Plus, I personally like Associated shocks because they're really smooth.

The one thing I don't like is that fact that you have to use a ton of preload clips to get the truck to sit as high as it was with the original shocks. You have to put so many clips on there that you almost cover the entire shock body. Looks kinda stupid if you ask me.

Also, the Associated shocks are skinnier that the stock ones. I think Associated should have included heavier springs. Oh well, what're ya gonna do?:rolleyes:

mudymaxx
04-04-2002, 06:44 PM
well i'm just trying to get my t-maxx going right now then i'm going to get them,i'm going to buy a new engine the m16 and the robinsonracing double slipper kit,cause i blew up the stock engine and stripped spur gear

TC3 Benjammin
04-04-2002, 06:49 PM
Sounds good man! Good luck!

Let me know what you think of the shocks after you try 'em out.:)

Serius Black
04-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by mudymaxx
big bores

I'm sorry, I thought you said "big bones". My mom says I'm just big boned... (and big chinned, and big bellied, ....) :p