PDA

View Full Version : Takin a break

Zr2
04-09-2002, 12:46 AM
I'm takin about a week off r/c because I'm jus beatin myself up.
I cut my pinky to the knuckle workin on my cousins maxx. And workin on other cars I cut the end of my thumb under the nail straight to the bone where you can see the bone. hurts like a Bi*** and plus I'm left handed so........ I can still take screws out with the right but nah gonna let myself heel up:)
-matt

Vinny
04-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Boo Hoooo....Ever hear of Band Aids?

J/K bro, its hard to work with bad hands anyway.

Zr2
04-09-2002, 05:29 PM
I used the good ol CA glue to hold them together with Band Aids on:) Ohwell....... waitin for my car to sell while takin a break.
-matt

space_doc
04-09-2002, 06:03 PM
Hey, CA works great for small cuts on the fingers! Doctors use octyl-cyanoacrylic in the office. True. Crazy glue your cuts away and never get stitches again. :p

hojo_10_19
04-09-2002, 06:18 PM
just dont accidently use rubber cement....that would be a sticky situation...hardy har har...(note sarcastic pun please : P )

but serioiusly ive used the good ole superglue before...its a pretty neat trick : )

Zr2
04-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Ya my dad was into the automotive business for some 24 or more years. I'm not sure if you guys no a automotive shop called "Napa Auto Parts" but if you do he was a partial owner of it and they use super glue when workin on cars and they get a cut. works like a dream and as stated no more stitches:D
-matt

bullett1818
04-10-2002, 11:49 AM
Heh I know of NAPA I used to work at one. I too am taking a break, but I will be out for quite a while. I am moving and just got a 1500 dollar loan so i cant afford the toys right now:( BUT I WILL BE BACK!!!! hopefully sooner than later. :confused:

-Bullett-

hpiguy
04-10-2002, 02:45 PM
Super Glue or Ca glues sticks well to the skin because that's what it's original design was for.

It was invented for military triage to seal wounds that would otherwise need stiches or large sutures to close. I had to learn how to use it in the service for combat lifesaver courses.

It was and is much easier to pour CA on a wound and hold it together for three seconds than it is to stitch on skin a dozen times while being shot at and bombed.

A little history on the RCCA boards for ya.

skylineTC3
04-11-2002, 11:57 AM
I've heard that before, wasn't it made for vietnam? Thats really cool info.

John

Vinny
04-11-2002, 09:22 PM
I never knew that either...Next cut I'll give it a try!

pudder
04-12-2002, 10:45 AM
I hate gluing my fingers to stuff. :( I know someone told me in a medical/health magazine, something for cuts was put crazy glue on them. :)

I for one have never tried this, I dont seem to get cuts all too often.

-mike