PDA

View Full Version : Sizzleing stinger

Izzy
06-21-2002, 08:33 AM
Just recently I've noticed that the stinger motor on my stampede is getting pretty hot at the end of runs. I still have stock gearing set up on it which does not seem too over geared, but I could be wrong. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it the stock gearing or what?
Also I have been considering getting a new motor even before I started having these problems. Would this help as well, considering i want a trinity street spec 21T? I know someone is going to reccomend a hotter turn motor, but I like to have mild modifieds in my cars to get longer run times (besides my speed control will only handle a 20T):D

pudder
06-21-2002, 09:44 AM
Well try buying a few more pinions. Get 2 pinions, each a tooth smaller than the stock one, and try that out. Also, you should clean out your motor with a high quality motor spray every few runs, or atleast once a week since your motor isnt too great. You should still go for the Trinity motor, I'm sure it would be awsome.

If the problem still consists after you buy a new pinion and gear it down 1-2 teeth, check your truck over for things that could cause lots of friction likein the rear hub carriers, make sure the bearings/bushings spin freely on the axle, and that your gearbox is good too.

I hope this will help.

-mike