PDA

View Full Version : Traction For The Slotcars

pudder
06-24-2002, 08:05 PM
I was just wondering what slotcar racers use for traction, if they use compound or something. I just dug out my old slotcar set today and put some Paragon on the tires. Hoo!

-mike

mocrcracer
06-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Anything that would soften the material used for the tires (foam/rubber) should provide more traction. Such as Paragon Ground Effects(like you mentioned), TQ, etc. Try cleaning the tires off with denatured alcohol or motor cleaner (apply it to the cloth not the tire and wipe the tire off really good making sure to remove the cleaner). Just remember to allow the traction to sit on the tire long enough. The longer you leave it on the softer the tires will become (to a point). By the way what kind of slot car setup do you have. I used to own a slot car track with several cars, but I sold it a few years back to pay for the r/c addiction.

XXXER
06-24-2002, 11:20 PM
If they are foam tires, then pick up some Parma Track Bite. It is has a honey feel to the touch, usually red in color, and is available in different traction types. It is some GOOOOey crap! It also depends one what kind of track you run on.

-Steve

pudder
06-25-2002, 01:28 PM
I am not really seroius about this slotcar stuff or anything. I have 2 very old cars I found at the dump, and one newer one (fried the other one somehow). Some of the track pieces are broken, but it was originaly the Life Like Daytona set. I should buy another contoller and car sometime and get it all going.

-mike

fast&furious
07-13-2002, 05:05 PM
ahhh....i remember the days when i was into slot cars. i should get my stuff out and start doing it again. my dad and i were really into it, we had so many cars and bodies.

dont slow down
07-13-2002, 11:01 PM
brian kinwald's zip grip buggy traction compound works wonders on slot car tires.

speedydave
07-13-2002, 11:44 PM
I saw a bottle of Trinity Kinwald buggy Zip Grip at the slot car track once, but part of their rules is no traction compound, because it makes the track way too gooey, but we always seemed to manage without the traction compound. I used to race slots before I got into competitive RC...RC was too much fun, so I quit slot cars ;)