PDA

View Full Version : Full Feature Radio?

raymo24
09-03-2002, 10:05 AM
Just a question of your opinion(s)...

Do you guys own, and feel it is necessary to have a full-feature, expensive radio? Like the Airtronics M8? I see all the Pros in the magazine using them, and some local racers...but I seem to be able to control my Maxx around the track with the Traxxas radio that came in the box just fine. And, I have pretty good luck with the "cheap" Hi-Tec radio I have in my RC10GT also...I don't get it.

So, if you have one, or think you need one, please reply here and let me know what benefits I will receive for shelling out $270.00!
As opposed to spending that on another car/truck :D

Thanks,
Ray /
RJM Racing (http://www.rjmracing.com)

windellmc
09-03-2002, 10:08 AM
Try the new Airtronics MX-3 for $100. The big advantages are: you can use one radio for several cars with the model memory, you have endpoints for steering and throttle, steering dual rates are sometimes helpful as are steering and throttle exponential, most of them are FM and less prone to interference, and most of them are just better built than the cheapy am radios. However for running around the back yard stick with the cheaper radios unless you need endpoint adjustments.

-=ADA$=-
09-03-2002, 12:50 PM
i was going to write same thing, its great radio for basher or budet racer, all features are used, ( well i use all of them)

HauntedMyst
09-03-2002, 01:10 PM
A computer radio is one of those things you buy thinking "I hope to heck this is worth the extra money or I'm gonna be pissed I was so gullable" and then once you have one, you'll never go back to a basic radio. For the money, an MX-3 or the JR XR3 are great choices. Adjustments you made manually are now done through a few simple button pushes. If you race, and especially if you race a few cars, you'll find one radio for all a great asset.