PDA

View Full Version : Need some support...

JEEL
09-16-2002, 07:19 PM
Just feeling a liitle down, having spent close to $1000 bucks to get into indoor touring car racing. Please remind me why I am doing this, and how I can justify the costs? Thanks!

FrankW
09-16-2002, 07:52 PM
Because it's fun. If it's not fun, take a break. That's what I did. I'm looking forward to racing something in the coming year if I get the chance.

-Frank

StevePond
09-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Jeel - come down to RC Madness. They have a great group of people and they're starting their indoor season pretty soon. They're all pretty damn good drivers but they're also very helpful and friendly (except for me and that Marcy guy... :p :D ;) )

That will remind you why you spent the money.

rocknbil
09-16-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by JEEL
Just feeling a liitle down, having spent close to $1000 bucks to get into indoor touring car racing. Please remind me why I am doing this, and how I can justify the costs? Thanks!

More IMPORTANTLY you need to assess why you're feeling guilty.

Are you, your family in need because of your hobby? Is anyone suffering from what you've spent on your ride(s)?

If the answer is YES, my kids are starving and ragged-clothed and I haven't brought my wife flowers in a year . . . then YES you should be ashamed of yourself. :)

Most likely though, none of that is true. Well, except for the flowers part. We all get off the hook on that one. There's an ingrained belief in the "responsible" personality that when you "grow up" you cannot play. No no, that's for children.

PUCKY!!! :D

If you work hard and take care of business you deserve to REVEL in the fun you're going to have ripping up the carpet!

You also ought to have a look through the "People not into RC" thread, there's a lot of reference to justifying Why We Deserve To Have Fun.

If I hadda boil it down to ONE REASON why you're doing this . . .

He who forgets how to play . . . . gets old and dies.

FrankW
09-16-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by rocknbil
He who forgets how to play . . . . gets old and dies.

That was a great Twilight Zone episode!

-Frank