PDA

View Full Version : Other side of the crackpipe its been awhile

mab_man20
09-18-2002, 11:59 PM
Its been awhile since weve had one of these and i ran across this ebay auction the other day. Its subtle, but annoyed me.

Please dont submit stuff that has already been posted in every forum 8 times.

edit: Darn link wont work for some reason so you'll just have to do it the hard way and cut and paste

edit (again) they really dont want you linking to ebay do they. So now if you really want to see it and arent put off enough already, you now have to go over to ebay and then do a search for this item. Thats a lot of work if you ask me and i will understand if nobody looks at it. If your like me though, you have way to much time on your hands so you will go anyway.

Item # 1768205776

Crashbot2001
09-19-2002, 08:17 AM
ok, I looked at the e-bay auction.. Am I missing something? What about it?

RichieRich
09-19-2002, 11:55 AM
Here's some good ones:

Item # 1768078164 What a bargain!
Item # 1768443447 85 mph with a OS .12 CV!!! Riiiiiiight. 85 or 90 which is it?
Item # 1767327381 Why?

FrankW
09-19-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Crashbot2001
ok, I looked at the e-bay auction.. Am I missing something? What about it?

I agree. I don't see a problem. The mph number figures might be 5 mph high, but other than that it looks good. The guys sign-in name could use a little revision though.

-Frank

mab_man20
09-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Your loking to hard.

Hint: Who makes the car?

FrankW
09-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Still don't see much of a problem. Some people who come into the shop address "HPI" as "HP" Or as only RS4 (when we have like 6 different RS4's in stock). You learn to get over it. Just like when people say Kai-yo-sho or Ta-mai-ya. When after having taken Japanese for a few years (been a while though), i know it's Ta-mee-ya and Kio-sho.

Yes, I know they're spelled Tamiya and Kyosho.

-Frank

mab_man20
09-19-2002, 05:20 PM
I understand now. I would never buy off of a person who is to lazy to put an I on the name while making an ebay listing. In my mind, if your selling a product for more than $50 then you should spend more than 50 seconds on the discription.

A side note, a while ago RCCA did the back lot with the correct pronunciations of the names if you ever happened to meet them. Well last year during the chicago hobby show, i was working on the saturday of the show and i look out and see a bunch of well dressed asian men get out of a limo and walk into the store. Being the good salesman that i am i walked over to introduce myself and one of the gentalmen hands me a business card, and i take a look at it and it says:

S. Tamiya

President

that was the biggest suprise i have ever had. WE still have the card in the shop!

FrankW
09-19-2002, 05:27 PM
I hope you put the card in your shirt pocket or something instead of your back pocket :-S

-Frank

Kurth
09-19-2002, 07:12 PM
I don't have specific examples, but I have been watching Ebay for older novak speed controls, 4-10M5s. 4-10Hpcs and for a older RC-10 buggy. people get into bidding wars with 2 and 3 days left, driving the price way up, paying nearly as much for a 6 or 7 year old ESC that you could buy a new one for. :rolleyes:

These bidders always seem to have shades, 0 feedback, etc. *sigh* so much fof bargain hunting. hehe.

mab_man20
09-19-2002, 08:33 PM
It went through the washer!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, we have it carefully placed on our bulletin board with no tacks actually through the card.