PDA

View Full Version : After school Racing

Saboteur
09-25-2002, 05:04 PM
My friend and I were talking about these hobby style rc cars, and how cool it would be to race them after school in the park across the street. So then it hit me. I could get the kids in the HS who have rc's and bring friends who are also into the hobby to come after school one day and race. Then I thought making at track layout and see how it would fit in the space we have. So far its seems to go great, but this will all work if the park commissioner says yes. Then we will be able to use the field to run our rc's. However, what sucks is that I will need to get a lap counter system to keep track of all the data, and thats gonna cost. :( Either way if we are not able to make the track, I can still bring my car to the park and get a few ppl and we can cruise around. :D :) Here is the track layout...

Saboteur
09-25-2002, 05:22 PM
Park layout

yeeehaw
09-25-2002, 05:30 PM
if you need the x-tra money instead of using expensive stuff use cheap stuff!!! I am building a track myself I will use nylon string and steaks for the border. and 1*12*8 for the ramps. oh yeah you use orange paint on the ground and the string. the wood sizes can make up about 4 ramps.:D and maybe you can use the same materials as me and you can save up for a lap counter or you can use the old string and bell trick!!! hope this is helpful.

later, Matt

Saboteur
09-26-2002, 08:01 PM
Im not sure if I can paint the lot. Its not my park, LOL, nor do I live in the area.:D But the thing is the money Im gonna be saving now is for stuff I need for my car, also maybe a new engine (mt.12, fantom .12/15, picco p12 re). Im not sure how this is gonna go. I could have someone keep count of how many laps each car does, but then again Id like to keep track of each person's lap time.

pudder
09-26-2002, 10:56 PM
Either that or you could just make a track to screw around on if you cannot afford a lap counter, those things are big money.

TRF Drive Hard
09-28-2002, 12:20 AM
Hey Sab... are you doodling @ school again?:p

BigAirGuy
09-28-2002, 04:39 AM
I'm not sure what kind of cars you'll be running, but ROAR rules useally require a lane widht of at least 8 ft, if your concerned about getting sanctioned.

Saboteur
09-28-2002, 08:46 AM
It doesnt really have anything to do with being sanctioned. Just to drive around and have fun. No TAO3 I just had time on my hands during a few mins before school ended to do that:p . BTW did you see my nitro TED? It rocks.:) Well if i could set up the track, we would run 1/10th scale 200mm nitro cars, elec touring cars (if anyone has one), and elec/nitro offroad trucks.