PDA

View Full Version : What to tell friends who think I'm crazy for buying car

tomustang90
09-26-2002, 06:51 PM
I recently Bought a Tamiya TA03F GTR and Futuba radio gear for $290. My friends all think I'm crazy for spending that much on a toy. I'm in middle school.

InspGadgt
09-26-2002, 06:52 PM
It's cheeper and safer than racing the real ones...

Judgement
09-26-2002, 07:10 PM
All my friends that called me stupid for spending so much money on my R.C. Stuff are the one's who are wishing they have all the stuff I have. Anybody who has said that to me just hasn't seen a real R.C. car at work, and when they see one of mine go all I hear is I want, and how much will you sell that to me for.
Let them see you car in action and their attitides will change. Just give them time, they'll come around.

MrCrash
09-26-2002, 08:02 PM
Just do what I did.Drive it into/up their leg.They will change their tune REAL quickly as an inferno flies at them.

pudder
09-26-2002, 10:54 PM
Tell them it is better than buying Pokemon or whatever, or that crap they call drugs. :rolleyes:

tomustang90
09-26-2002, 11:45 PM
Thanks!

XXX/TC3 Racer
09-27-2002, 12:01 AM
Judgement, wheer you at? I feel like I am the only one in this area who drives these cars! No one else around me does. I wanna race...

-A. Swift
Anthony.Swift@attbi.com

k_sw31
09-27-2002, 12:19 AM
introduce them to a sound of a .21 running 40000 rpms with out a pipe next to them ;)

TRF Drive Hard
09-27-2002, 12:25 AM
Say "youre just jealous cause i have something cooooooool and you dont... unlike your barbie dolls YOU claim YOU dont play with" :p

rocknbil
09-27-2002, 12:03 PM
Actually I've been doing this for a VERY long time (just how long I am NOT GOING TO SAY!!! :) ) and this keeps coming up again and again.

If someone doesn't see the fascination with RC it's likely that they are not going to.

You can talk till you're blue about how cool, exciting, and just plain fun this hobby is and some people will nod their head as if they care but you can tell you are never going to get through to them.

Don't sweat it, let it go. It's their loss!

If you really want some ideas, re-read this thread about people NOT into RC:

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=96448

There's some very good ideas in there about people with negative reactions.

DON'T EVER FORGET HOW TO HAVE FUN. It's one of the things my wife says sets me apart from many people!

Madmann135
09-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Just say "it'sbetter than buying a real racer and racing it."

If I could afford it I would buy a real racer and race.

I love speed and that's why both of my nitro's have $200 racing engines in them.

jives
09-30-2002, 01:08 PM
"That's nice...Now don't ever ask to drive it then." :)

ProjectTwin
09-30-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by tomustang90
I recently Bought a Tamiya TA03F GTR and Futuba radio gear for $290. My friends all think I'm crazy for spending that much on a toy. I'm in middle school.

Tell your friends that your "little toy" will smoke most full-size cars in acceleration.

If they still don't listen, just sleep well knowing you just got into the hobby and haven't had the chance to end up with 30+ vehicles...with everyone thinking you're crazy. :p

Enjoy the hobby, that's what it's here for.

Jason

Rustler Dude
09-30-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by InspGadgt
It's cheeper and safer than racing the real ones...

Cheaper....yes. Safer......let me think about that one! ;)

ProjectTwin
09-30-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Rustler Dude
Cheaper....yes. Safer......let me think about that one! ;)

Safer...yes. Cheaper....lemme think about that one :p

Jason