PDA

View Full Version : hmm....what should I have Tower do

GreenArrow
09-27-2002, 05:08 PM
Well, Tower Hobbies screwed up when I ordered my N Pede. I had asked for the 3 easy pay thing, but they charged it all at once.
I brought it to their attention and they essentially said "oops but it's hard to refund and then recharge a credit card."
So what should I have them do?

Tstalion79
09-27-2002, 05:17 PM
Sternly tell them that you NEED to do the 3 payment thing, and if not, you will send back the used pede for a refund.

CalmCyclone
09-27-2002, 05:19 PM
Say boo hoo - now do it the way I wanted it done in the first place.

It's not hard to refund a credit card - they're just lazy, and want your money all at once.

If they won't do it, you can always call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

CalmCyclone
R/C veteran, R/C racing newbie

GreenArrow
09-27-2002, 05:50 PM
That's what I was thinking of doing Tstalion. Not sure though.

kitty
09-28-2002, 01:21 AM
GreenArrow, I've had problems with their so-called "customer service" lately as well. What I did was write down the name of the person who was being uncooperative, then called back later. I got another one like that, wrote down her name and called once more the next day. That time I got someone who was willing to work with me a bit more, but not to my satisfaction, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I didn't get full satisfaction, but I certainly was more successful by speaking to a supervisor and mentioning names of the rude ones.

Another thing I did was write every detail down in a BizRate questionnaire. I checked the box to share my message and info with Tower Hobbies, but never received any response from them.

I don't know what the deal is because I've heard so many good things about Tower's customer service, but I certainly have not had good results with them. Maybe they've become so big that they don't care any more?

MrCrash
09-29-2002, 09:17 AM
This may not help,but you could always ask them to have one of their customer support people come out to your house wearing a chicken suit,and then give you a piantball gun so that you can take pot shots at them as they run around your back yard.Then you just accept it,cause you got extra out of the deal,or you call the credit card company,and cut the payment.

GreenArrow
09-29-2002, 02:38 PM
Well, yesterday I e-mailed them back again and told them that they can bill me the way they were supposed to.....lets see what happens..........

sixandeightstringer
09-30-2002, 01:46 PM
Don't email - call.

The three payment system thing costs them money. That's the main reason they are probably being catty about it.

Call - speak to a supervisor - stay calm, simply say that you requested that the order be charged using the 3 payment method, and they messed up. Say that you'd like them to refund the card and charge it the way you requested it. If they continue to hedge, tell them that as soon as you get off the phone, you're calling your credit card to have the charges reversed, and if they want their product back they'll have to call-tag it.

That'll work.

Unrelated:
When you're done with Tower, call up your credit card company and ask to have your interest rate lowered - tell them you got an offer for another card that will let you transfer the balance for 4.9 percent and you're seriously considering it. Your CC company may not match it, but they'll hook you up if your card is current and in good standing. :)