Notices

Thread: SVM 1/5-scale cars

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by RCRACER2471
    hey Toyotatogo, how much is your car worth???? Looks pretty expensive....but cool.....

Is there a place i can start out for 1/5 scale cars to buy???? Im starting to get more interested about them...Something under $1000.....
    I have no clue how much it is worth...... but i have seen this model sell on ebay for less than $600.00 dollars used.....

If you want to get started in 1/5 I reccomend going to KZ Speedway in Sun Valley and have a talk with Karlton Spindle he's a cool guy he'll have you set up in a couple of days......

wheres Sun Valley?

In northern california .......

KZ Speedway is were their having the 2003 Worlds ......

Kz speedway is in suthern cali

www.kzspeedway.com

5. SVM Crono being competitive 
    I am new to 1/5 but recently came 3rd place and TQ for my class at the CANADIAN ROAR NATIONALS with SVM Columbia 2000 RTR. On that day, i suffered from low gearing ratios at the straight, but otherwise the whole car is stable.

I upgrade the servos from stock RTR to HITEC's, and use my own electronics, make some cable brake adjustments, fine tuned the suspension, droop and that's it. ENGINE IS STOCK. and I had the same lap time with one of the HARM drivers with mod engine.

I was impressed.

Cheers
    Daniel..
    PS. I will be coming to US to race in 2 years. Missed the world race this year. The Canad

I am definetly thinking about stepping into the 1/5 scale realm. But I have a few questions:

1. I have had many nitro cars (1/10 and 1/8) and hate the whole tunning deal. Is it as hard and do you have to tune these engines as much.

2. After doing some research I like the SVM's but I cant seem to find a dealers website or any real info besides what I see in their ads in R/C Car Action and info on this thread. What do the SVM's cost compared to others and are the parts readily available.

3. When searching for bodies I noticed different width's...do most bodies come in different width's because of difference's in the car...and which width is the most popular?

any help would be great...Thanks

Twitch61

GG. Royal in Canada is currently still selling this car from what I hear lemme search for the link and get back to you on that.

As for lengh 535mm wheelbase is the most popular to go with in car and body size .

8. Re: SVM Crono being competitive 
    Originally posted by BOYTOYS
    I am new to 1/5 but recently came 3rd place and TQ for my class at the CANADIAN ROAR NATIONALS with SVM Columbia 2000 RTR. On that day, i suffered from low gearing ratios at the straight, but otherwise the whole car is stable.

I upgrade the servos from stock RTR to HITEC's, and use my own electronics, make some cable brake adjustments, fine tuned the suspension, droop and that's it. ENGINE IS STOCK. and I had the same lap time with one of the HARM drivers with mod engine.

I was impressed.

Cheers
    Daniel..
    PS. I will be coming to US to race in 2 years. Missed the world race this year. The Canad
    OH GEEZ !!!!!!!

You have no clue how great it feels to hear from another person who owns a SVM Car .....

Do you have any information on the New MK. 6 I have been hearing nothing but bad reviews from it ?

9. testing different pic host???? 
    mcd 1/5th. scale 4x4 offroad g230r engine,dodge ram body..
    (on an average card table)
    wanted to see if webshots will work for me !!.....

10. Re: testing different pic host???? 
    Originally posted by keebler
    mcd 1/5th. scale 4x4 offroad g230r engine,dodge ram body..
    (on an average card table)
    wanted to see if webshots will work for me !!.....

hey hey hey thats gonna cost you five thousand dollars to post a picture in here make checks out to toyotatogo ..

Hey, my name is Marcus and I come from Sveden Malmö and I race 1:5 cars. I´v bean looking att your cars but I can not figur out what brand it is, we don´t have that brand in europe.
    Anyway I would like to chare some pics on my own car. It is a H.A.R.M. SX-3 with an Zenhoa GS230 Rc1 Ebos-tuned engion and all the options on the market. Lauterbacher Tuningpipe, you name it.

http://dclxvi.no-ip.info/forum/viewt...=311&pid=13627

http://dclxvi.no-ip.info/forum/viewt...=311&pid=13628

http://dclxvi.no-ip.info/forum/viewt...=311&pid=13629

As you can se I miss the rear upper aluminum A-arms but they are beeing shipped to me as i write, and lots of other things sutch as the new tank och air-filter box. Many other smal tuning-parts will be added this winter.
    Enjoy..

//Marcus

I realy like your car MaCkaN it´s look dam nice,god luck and drive fast when the sommer coms

But you miss a nice pic..hear it coms

MaCKaN nice 03' HARM SX3 see you have the Pegosos Rims also *two thumbsup* I've been looking for a set of Pegosos Rims for my SVM MK. 6 no luck though

Do you race it geez looks so clean?

MaCKaN I'd think i could kick your ass in a straight line with my MK. 6 but curves are another story ..... lol

Do you shop at RACO Europe @ MaCKaN

Maybe you´ll kick my as in a drag, but not for sure, after all both my engion and muffler are tuned. I´v gott aproximately 5 hp at the moment and I am going to buy the new zenhoa engion before next summer. You know, zenhoa is introducing a new engion, it is as powerfull as a seufert-tuned zenhoa 230 rc, wich is the most powerfull engion att the moment.

Now I don´t shop there, we´v got some stores in sweden as well, they buy the H.A.R.M parts from ABC in germany, Lauterbacher comes from germany too and FG also, and those three brands are used on my car. Mostly harm of course...

We don´t have the mk in sweden and not i europe att all I think, do you mind telling me a litle about it and give me som pics. It locs agfully simple too me and not as well develloped as harm and lauterbacker and RS5 (the totaly carbon car) butt maybe the weight does it in the races. But the new mk is fully made in aluminum, isen´t it? and then it must be heavy as the rest of the brands cars. Anyway, why are the engion mounted facing the sky??, seams pretty dumm since it gets a higher centre of gravity and it roles over mouch easier, due to that and the low weight..
    Last edited by MaCKaN; 12-26-2003 at 10:57 AM.

Of course I race it, but only in sweden soo far, I know where you can get those Pegaso rims wit almoust every kind of tier you wich. there is a man here in sweden who sells them, you can take a lock att his sight and then mail your order. I recomend ordinary rimms and tires but the pegaso system works ok and I think it works ass well on traks with high gripp.
    The car is soo clean because I have poliched every litle screw and bought a lot of new parts for it this winter. It is standing in my room and I cant stand a dirty looking car the whole winter..

Here is the sight, you may chose englich lanuage too: http://www.uffesminiracing.com/
    Last edited by MaCKaN; 12-26-2003 at 11:20 AM.

Hmm. now I see that even if you chose englich some text are in swedich. anyway, the rimms cost 120 kronor and the tires 330kronor for one pair, that is 450kronor. which is about 50 US dollar. mail him and ask fore prices and possibilety to send it to you
    Last edited by MaCKaN; 12-26-2003 at 11:22 AM.

Thankyou .... I am going to do so right now ....

Geez I have to update this thread I've been gone for a while here

Who makes all the lexan bodies for these cars? I just bought a C-5 and i need trimming instructions, and decals! Anyone know where i could find the manufacturer?

Thanks
    GLen

Originally posted by MaCKaN
    You know, zenhoa is introducing a new engion, it is as powerfull as a seufert-tuned zenhoa 230 rc, wich is the most powerfull engion att the moment.
    yea i just heard about these their out now I'm thinking of going with the conversion to change my existing stock 230RC over to the newer one ...

Originally posted by No Moa
    Who makes all the lexan bodies for these cars? I just bought a C-5 and i need trimming instructions, and decals! Anyone know where i could find the manufacturer?

Thanks
    GLen
    I have no idea but I do know were they are sold at

24. building 
    ok i a 2 stroke 30 cc engine from a gas drill from work ,
    and wondering if you guys know of any places that i could buy parts if i wanted to build a 1/5th scale truck from scratch, any info would be great
    thanks

...just look through the "Monster Truck" Section. There are some threads regarding large scale MTs including links to manufacturers.
    mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards

Marcus