Notices

Thread: custom RCs

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. custom RCs 
    I'd like to see any custom RCs people are building/have built
    Mess with the best die like the rest!

i make one, custom sand truck, its on rcpicks. com // still working on it,,? dirtbike riden got in the way.???

i'd like to see that. can you post a link? i am building a sand/mud truck myself, out of my old midnight pumpkin, using just the front suspension (and its mounts) and the rear end. built a 4 link for the rear end, and an upper chassis brace/shock mount out of aluminum channel like the clodzilla 2 uses for chassis rails. the wheelbase is extended to 1/10 scale, cause i don't want to use the pumpkin body. the rear suspension is too stiff right now, cause the chassis is so light. when i get it working a bit better, i'll get some pics. i basically wanted to build a truck around a pair of proline paddle tires.

i also have an r/c miniature shopping cart, that kinda got tore apart to build a drag car.

thats some nice stuff bcat
    Mess with the best die like the rest!

here is one

made by emaxxdestroyer
    http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=134206

and another, this one made by maxxthrasher
    http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...ght=woody+maxx

thats some nice stuff bcat
    Thanks. those are only 4 of my 15 clods and 4 of my 48 rc cars.

I am currently working on a 1/18 4WD stadium truck. I started this project as a 2WD about a year before I ever heard about the Mini T. Still working on the prototype, but it works well on paper.

Any suggestions?

anyone got a dual-powered electric motor touring car?

thought about doing that to my tc3, but changed my mind. if i wanted to do something that wild, i'd just go brushless (which i plan to do anyway).

Heh, turns out that custom rc is what got me into it... i still haven't gotten my stampede, it's shipping right now, but a month or so ago i was assigned to build a vehicle for a hillclimb challenge in school. We use a powersource connected to a nine volt battery adapter and a 17000 rpm motor with not a whole lot of torque. After taking second place (with paper wheels haha) i decided to build a custom r/c car, using an old piece of trash zip zaps radio haha... my friend helped me out and we used relay switches to kinda hop it up. Since i couldn't do turning because i didn't have dual motors (this was an old school zip zaps car) and used 9 volts batteries for a power source i decided to have one joystick give it 9 volts and the other boost it to 27 (this is a radio shack motor and is made for that kind of voltage). It wasn't much of a success because it seems to enjoy rolling to the left, figures. Anyway, i started looking up nitro rcs on the net and decided to order a stampede and here i am now. By the way, the r/c i built went about 13 mph, not too bad haha.

i made this a little while ago...i just did some rolling changes...it's a xxx-4 converted to a truck
    Last edited by SCHMACH; 12-24-2003 at 12:27 PM.
    Finally...a championship has come back to Schumacher !!!!

thats a great looking truck!! what body are you using???

1000th post, i'm now a Certifiable RC Zone Addict

it's a losi fury body

I never thought of that...Converting an xxx4 to a truck. Looks good .

My friend and I took apart my old tyco r/c to see if we could put in a cheap esc and a stock motor, but there are like 10 gears on each side since its 4wd. Very weird looking, but now its in the trash where it belongs.

here's another pic

another

don't know why it wouldn't post the pic...but another

last one

thats AWSOME, hhmmm (thinking about getting that XX4 i saw at ht for $99)

21. no pics, but I've got ideas 
    Money is tight so some of these projects are several months away.. But they will be made, mark my words..heh.

Ok first and the list and the first one i'll have pics of somday is my traxxas rustler. I've got the stock front tires mounted on rear wheels and in the back are Imex G-hawgs on ,naturaly, rear wheels. I'm working on narrowing up the rear to better match the front ,gotta get to a drill press to make sure i do it right. Once that is completed I will throw on a Dahm's Bugsy body painted like Herbie's(white vw bug of disney movie fame) evil twin with a main black color and stripes in chrome and maybe an anarchy symbol or bloody 13 in place of the 51. I havent decided yet on the paint scheme.

Next up will be taking my old RC10T chasiss and turning it into a street rodd with parts from the Nitro dual qualifire(sp) kit. This is gonna be fairly straight forward. Gonna use either truck or buggy tires in the rear with matching touring treads up front. Topping it off will be some classic muscle car body.

Now here comes the messy part.. Turning a TC3 in a duel brushless mud bogging terror. A new chassis out of aluminum with a new motor mount on the opposite side. the two speed controls will be across the drive shaft from each other as well. The batteries will be mounted above everything else along the center of the chassis. Bad for handing yes, but it only needs to go straight. The rally conversion will be added as well,wouldnt be wide enough for the wheels and tires otherwise. Tires and wheels will come from traxxas rustler chrome rears and IMEX 2.2 Pullers. The body will either have a 30's-40's coupe look. Driveline upgrades will be a must, hehe.

i like your mud truck idea, but i have a couple of suggestions... first, skip the imex truck tires and go for pro line sand paws (paddles), second, i'd also get away from the dual motor idea and just slap in a novak e-maxx brushless motor/controller. it's supposed to replace the dual motors in the maxx, so i bet it'd do a great job in a 2.2" tired bogger, and a whole lot less work.

for your street rod truck, you may want to look around (probably ebay) for an old hyperdrive on-road conversion kit for the rc10. they were around in the early 90s and converted the rc10 to a pan car.. or maybe a sprint car conversion kit for the rc10.

fyi, herbie was 53.

Not a custom car, but a custom top-deck on my project-drift PureTen:

Fiberglass, alot stiffer and lighter then the original alu-topdeck

Thanx for the suggestions. I think tho I'm gonna go with IMEX tires anyway, versitilty reasons.
    The novak brushless is apealing, and ceratinly a great deal cheaper than a pair of hacker masters and c40's.
    But there is somthing cool about the duel motors.. I dunno.. its all the dream stage right now so who knows.

my friend got a custom built dual-motored touring car from his cousin, and he claims that it goes around 90mph with two 7-turns in it. i don't know if i should beleive him or not.

imagine a dual Brushless powered touring car, man that thing would fly!