Notices

Thread: Nikko R/C Forum

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. Nikko R/C Forum 
    Started at the request of slash

i'm looking for a nikko rhino if you guys have one laying around in your garbage. gonna be a old skool present for my bro if u have one.

There's one on ebay and a bearing set for it too.

On another note:

I installed a Peak Performance Dynasty 19T Modified Motor in my Nikko Porsche and it ate my spur gear for breakfast.

Edit: I guess you knew about the Rhino on eBay, Mr. high bidder. I hope you win.

Gee, I wish my bro would do the same for me

well i didn't win

i belive i had some old nikko truck and i was out driving it one day so there was this bumb and i jumped it and when it landed i broke the suspension arm and i think it was the servo or something this was all within like 4 hours of getting it

i have a old nikko truck, if ya wanting ti. ill give it to ya, but it has no remote

can i get a photo of it?

8. Nikko Super Sprint 
    Any you fellas got a Super Sprint (Made by nikko) gathering dust and might be willing to sell?

Looking into modding a Nikko Landshark. The claimed abilities are looking nice, tank treads, duel motors and ambhibious..
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEFM8&P=ML
    Anyone out there have any experince with one of these things?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a very rare conversion kit for the Nikko Super Sprint/Dandy Dash range of cars.

Quite a few years ago 2 kits were made to turn these buggies into competative machines, under the name "Bratworks".

The first kit came with a new chassis, body suspension components, third ball diff etc - this kit I already have.

The second kit included the remaining hop-up items to finish the car off - namely shocks, tyres, front and rear ball diffs, ball bearings etc. - this is the kit I desperately need to finish off my car.

They occasionally come up on ebay but the last one I saw was on there many, many months ago and I failed to win it. The kits also sometimes appear on the Japanese Yahoo auctions but none of the guys on there will ship overseas.

If anyone can help me find the second kit please post here or email me at:
    relayer AT bigpond DOT net DOT au

Attached is a pic of the actual kit I need:
    Attached Images

And if anyone is interested, the finished car looks like this:
    Attached Images

i totally remeber that car!!, they use to sell them at toys-r-us along with the lobo and super lobo, and many others...im also currently on a search for an old nikko 57 chevy, or the 65 mustang fastback came with slicks and part of a blower and scoop comin out of the hood....they were fast (about 28 mph in 1987) and had a two block range..lol

I don't get it though, my Super Sprint already has universals, ball bearings and AE shocks so what's the point of the Bratworks package besides the diffs?
    Don't be so humble, you're not that great
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

I want a brat works kit for my dandy dash. This is a wicked looking car. I think the package comes with a different chassis too. I've been looking everywhere and I cannot find any of these kits. GRRRR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by munim
    I don't get it though, my Super Sprint already has universals, ball bearings and AE shocks so what's the point of the Bratworks package besides the diffs?
    Yes the Super Sprint has many of the features of these two kits but they still add:

Ball diffs including Centre ball differential
    Fibreglass saddle-pack chassis
    One Fantastic looking body!

The kits are basically for someone (like me) who doesn't have a Super Sprint and wants to build a racing version from scratch, rather than adding components one by one to an existing car.

I'll buy the first kit if you have a spare one. I'd like to race my Dandy Dash with my Tamiya Club friends for the retro races.

Minijosh-

There's a guy on the Tamiya club forum who has 2 of each kit NIB for sale. Check out my "Wanted Nikko bratworks etc....." thread in the normal Wanted section there (not in the "Other Makes" section).

Be warned though - the price he expects is rather scary

tamiya has fourms? link?

It's not an "official" Tamiya forum, it's a site for collectors of vintage/rare rc cars (mainly Tamiya obviously )

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/

Thx relayer for the info. Thank goodness I just got my tax return.

"There's a guy on the Tamiya club forum who has 2 of each kit NIB for sale. Check out my "Wanted Nikko bratworks etc....." thread in the normal Wanted section there (not in the "Other Makes" section).

Be warned though - the price he expects is rather scary "

HOw much is the guy asking? I can't find the thread myself. I have a nikko brat conversion kit 1 I can sell and would like to know what the "market rate" is like.

Found the thread.
    As I said, I have a Nikko Brat conversion kit 1 that I can sell. Price USD150 plus shipping. If anyone is interested please let me know.

BTW, I believe Dandy Dash was released in 1989. So the Brat conversion kits should be no earlier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by kapmax
    Found the thread.
    As I said, I have a Nikko Brat conversion kit 1 that I can sell. Price USD150 plus shipping. If anyone is interested please let me know.

BTW, I believe Dandy Dash was released in 1989. So the Brat conversion kits should be no earlier than that.
    Yep, your release date with the DD is correct, not sure why the other guy thinks there mid 80's. The conversion kits were definately released in the early 90's.

Good luck with your price As I mentioned the other guy wanted a price way over market value. I bought my Conersion Kit no1 for $28 US

I've seen two lots of both sets (1 & 2) sold on ebay for less than $150US.

Quote Originally Posted by relayer
    Yep, your release date with the DD is correct, not sure why the other guy thinks there mid 80's. The conversion kits were definately released in the early 90's.

Good luck with your price As I mentioned the other guy wanted a price way over market value. I bought my Conersion Kit no1 for $28 US

I've seen two lots of both sets (1 & 2) sold on ebay for less than $150US.
    Good for you! I don't know how much that guy was asking. I only saw him mention that the 2 kits were sold on Japan ebay for USD410.

If I were you, I would just start building the Brat with the conversion kit 1 without waiting for kit 2 (assuming you already have a Dandy Dash/ Super Sprint). And you would appreciate what a nice car it is, and what a good deal you've got. Like when you hold those aluminium countersunk screws in your hand, just think ,for USD28 you wouldn't get that many bags of tamiya screws!!

I guess I'll just keep the conversion kit as spare parts for my Brat. Anyway I am pleased that people taking an interest inthe car, which is virtually unknown outside Japan. It is certainly an interesting car. Perhaps I'll post some pictures later.

I need to take a trip to Japan to find some bits. I think it would be fun. I'd just carry the car around and show it to people and see where they point me to.