Notices

Thread: Nikko R/C Forum

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    newest score

looks 2 b 18th scale
    needing front tires...any ideas??

Can't read the model on pic, any better ones?

-it's a Turbo Panther

yes hes right. its a turbo panther! anyone know what other front tires will fit this thing??

It is a 1/16, and apparently from others with the same problem, the fronts are a one off size, so either find one with good ones, or consider other rims, reckon the QD 1/4 Tamiyas might not be far off?

-if you just want to make it run, you could try cutting off the old tires, and either CA the rims into another tire/wheel, (tho, I had suspension breakage on mine, w/ the stock fronts, so the extra leverage wouldn't be good), or, make a set of tires for it, racers do it all the time

i'm thinking about putting a novak reactor and trinity midnight stock motor in my rhino. good idea? heck, i was even thinking a bl/lipo setup lol

Wow... Nikko Rhino...hasn't heard that name for a long time. Ran it ages ago...must be somewhere in one of my old boxes now.

Currently in my glass display cupboard is Hawg with Midnight body, and a Jet Tornado boat. Luv to just look at them. Perhaps they have been resting too long...!

Nice memories live on...

9. Great find 
    Got all these at local storage rental lot, guy didn't pay bill, they auctioned his stuff, I was high bid.......All are new in box......

LOBO IceBreaker
    LOBO Chaser
    LOBO IV
    Super LOBO
    Super LOBO II
    LOBO Hummer
    LOBO Jeep wrangler

-could you take pics for us(?), I've never heard of a LOBO Chaser or Icebreaker.
    -Also, for the Nikko Pros, What does "LOBO" mean/refer to? And I often see the word "gig" after the names of older Nikkos, what does it mean? Thank-you for your time/knowledge!!!

look what i stumbled across

Quote Originally Posted by MA70_Ed View Post
    look what i stumbled across

that looks nice, thanks for sharing!

-what is it, obivously a LOBO, but a LOBO-what? And, what does GIG mean, when said about old Nikkos?

little update on that Super Lobo i found

i apologize for the blurry pics!

-that'd be fun on a 1/10th groomed track!!!

it gets up and goes with that 20-turn. very very limited gearing though.

-I'd guess, probly around 20-21 mph, as the stk. buggy is good for around 16mph. 20 is fast enough on an offroad track, just have to not get caught-up on pipes, etc. I think it'd be cool to see Nikkos in retro classes, I wouldn't doubt that back in the early 80's, people did race Nikko buggies vs. Tamiyas, Nichmos & other brands.

19. nikko super sprint/dandy dash 
    hi any nikko's for sale out there? prefer new or in excellent condition.
    Last edited by rccardude04; 03-16-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: spambot food (email address) removed

Hey everyone,

I have a Nikko Jumping Car which I got years ago and it still works great and now I want to buy a new body for it but because I dont have it with me....

Can someone who owns a Jumping Car (or Stunt Hopper which is identical) please please measure the width / distance between the inside of the wheels and also the wheelbase (from the center of wheel to wheel).

Like this picture, (sorry about the quick paint job!)

I really would appreciate it because I cannot get these measurements anywhere on the net.

Thanks

21. if you're looking for a spare parts car 

Hi there guys I need some help I have a NIKKO LOBO II and I am lookinf for a reference or user guide for it I need to take it apart but don't know how to get just the body work off there is one screw at the back holding it on that I can't seem to acess.

23. Sears Lobo II by Nikko 
    I am looking for one. Prefer the dark blue color, but will settle for red. I think only these 2 colors were made.

If you have one and would like to sell it to me, please let me know. Send me a private message.
    Last edited by petrol; 04-05-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: private message

Hi Guys.

I know this forum has had no activity for a while but if anyone does look, I am just finishing off some simple mods on an old Nikko Bobcat (I have 2) and I'm looking to swap the plastic wheel bushings for bearings. Anyone have any idea what size I would need?
    Thanks in advance

Kruegerfan