A few photos of the Nikko Brat.
    Attached Images

Can't post more than 1 photo at a time?
    Attached Images

image a bit small.
    Attached Images

What's the optimum size?
    Attached Images

The Brat is a little known car. The only place I can find some information about it is a Japanese website rc-off.com. It is a very good site dedicated to rc offroad cars. Too bad that I don't read Japanese, and Babelfish does have its limitations.

The Brat is an interesting car in many ways. The first thing about it is of course the Nikko badge. If you didn't know it, you could hardly have guessed that it is a Nikko. It is probably the most un-Nikko like rc car ever released by Nikko.

The box it comes in is also unusual. Or I should have said boxes, cos it does come in 2 boxes (kit 1 and 2), which you can purchase separately. The design of the boxes is decidedly low profile. You can't find any photos or artwork of the car on the boxes. There is only a blue silhouette of a car and blue words on the beige box of kit 1. On the box of kit 2 you don't even get the blue silhouette.

On the top of kit 1 it says “A conversion Kit that turns Dandy Dash, Super Sprint into Brat”. On the side it says “NEW BREED, BRAT WITH PROFESSIONAL SPECIFICATIONS DRIVEN BY TEAM NIKKO WORKS”. Unfortunately it seems the Brat is also the last of its breed for Nikko.

On the box of kit 2 it says “This Works Version Kit is set as Works Uses Parts Please use with Brat Conversion Kit”. I guess what it means is that this kit 2 is supposed to work with kit 1, and that the parts may not be fully compatible with an unmodified Dandy Dash or Super Sprint. But I'm not sure about it.

Back to the car itself. The Brat is a belt drive 4WD buggy. It has an FRP pan chassis reinforced by 2 aluminium rods running longitudinally. You can use either a 6 or 7 cell saddle type battery. It doesn't take stick type batteries. You also need an ESC, preferably a small one, as space inside the car is rather limited. It has 3 ball diffs: front, rear and centre (torque limiter), aluminium shocks, universals (I think also aluminium), F& R stabilizers. You can't really make adjustments to the suspension geometry, so it's probably not a good choice for the racing type. Nevertheless it is a pretty competent buggy and is a joy to run around.

see if I can upload bigger images.
    Attached Images

That looks better.
    Attached Images

another one.
    Attached Images

Last one.
    Attached Images

Stop Teasing me with those pictures

I still haven't found the second kit

You should have listened to me and start building the Brat with the kit 1 you've got It won't be the full version, but should be close enough.

I just noticed that there is no instruction manual included in conversion kit 2. You just have to rely on the one in kit 1. This suggests that the kit 2 is indeed not intended to be used without kit 1, which in turn means the chance of your finding a stand alone kit 2 is seriously slim If you really want to get one, it would be easier if you go get a full set and sell the kit 1 that you've got, or keep it as spare parts.

Do you know of anybody selling old Dirt Burner hoppup parts for the old Nikko Rhino F10 a.k.a Bison F10. Ive got the aluminum nerf bars by Dirt Burners for the F10 but havn't been able to find the other parts that they made for it.

Sorry, I have no idea at all.

i got a nikko dandy dash from kbtoys brand new in box a few years bak for $40 buks! it was a score. but i was really young back then like 8 or somethin and i rushed buildin it and it just kept taking off at neutral. i was thinkin now with all my rc experience that i just didnt center the servos properly. i returned it when i had that problem. i let go the best car nikko ever made. dam id do anythin 2 get that car bak except order from ebay cuz i dont like doin deals like that i like ordering direct like towerhobbies. anyone have a nikko hercules? i have one there pretty good trucks but a little on the slow side. i also have a ferrari f1 formula evolution series that tops out at around 23 out of the box

i remember i had a sprint nikko man they are cool cars though then I sold it they are considered collectable thats for sure. I have never seena rhino, but a lot of folks say its a good colletable run truck also.

I need the first package if anyone has one. I want a brats work car. I have a NIB Rhino/FX10 body. The Rhino's were fast. Faster than a Grasshopper to my knowledge. My brother had a Rhino.

there is kit 1 and 2 on ebay right now............

What's it under? Nikko Dandy Dash or brats?

Someone just bought it looks like it was 149 plus shipping it was the conversion kit

Was that for both kit 1 and kit 2? Was it bought by relayer?

Quote Originally Posted by kapmax
    Was that for both kit 1 and kit 2? Was it bought by relayer?
    No, it wasn't bought by me, and yes it was for both kits.

The guy was charging $55US for international shipping - and I've bought stuff from overseas that was very close in size / weight and the shipping is no where near that expensive

WOW $55 just for shipping??? I know other rc stores like Jason's RC that charges that much and less sometimes. It's crazy what some people ask for but people can charge what ever they want to. It's called supply and demand.

Blast

Just found another seller who has kit 1 and 2 of the Bratworks conversion - even better, he's selling each kit individually.

Unfortunately it's on that JapanYahoo site - no international shipping

Quote Originally Posted by minijosh
    WOW $55 just for shipping??? I know other rc stores like Jason's RC that charges that much and less sometimes. It's crazy what some people ask for but people can charge what ever they want to. It's called supply and demand.
    I dontk now they charge just as much in general.

Hey, anyone into these Nikkos, and Tyco cars, cant remember who makes this, but Im looking for a "Bandit". Its a black truck, really cool older school type. Im willing to pay if someone has one in good shape. Shoot me an email., or PM is better.