Notices

Thread: Nikko R/C Forum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. What is this thing? 
    It says Nikko Brat all over it, but it doesn't look like the Nikko Brat that google turns up. Can anyone provide insight on this thing?

Anyone?

Just wondering if there are parts around for the NIKKO BRAT? Thanks-Jason.

4. Bratworks 
    Quote Originally Posted by relayer
    And if anyone is interested, the finished car looks like this:
    Hello,mate are in Australia? Im from the Gold Coast if you are.Im just about to do the conversion from the Sprint to the Bratworks car.Im also looking into having the original bodies repro'd.Can you drop me a line?Thankyou-Jason.

if anyone is interested, I have a kit of the Nikko Sprint, unassembled.
    the only part missing is the grease which I used to lube the first kit i assembled

6. Nikko Sprint 
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe_maker
    if anyone is interested, I have a kit of the Nikko Sprint, unassembled.
    the only part missing is the grease which I used to lube the first kit i assembled
    Any chance of pictures?The grease doesnt matter,I have plenty of that.Thanks-Jason.

No pictures yet.. will send by next week as i am leaving town..
    it comes in a rather large box with manuals and the lexan body is unpainted.

judging from the stickers and the first kit I assembled, the car should look like this

also let me know details of photos you want to see...

like do you want individual photos of each "part section" or just lay all the parts in the table and click away.

Uhm, can anyone tell me why my Brat looks different?

Hello mate,
    Im in the midle of building up a BRAT conversion from my Super Sprint.Can you tell me if the belts are longer for this conversion?Please drop me an email at Jasonstapp@bigpond.com Thankyou-Jason Tapp.

Quote Originally Posted by BORMAC
    Hello mate,
    Im in the midle of building up a BRAT conversion from my Super Sprint.Can you tell me if the belts are longer for this conversion?Please drop me an email at Jasonstapp@bigpond.com Thankyou-Jason Tapp.
    Hey Jason,

It's Jason (Bender) from the Tamiya club here

I use Bender on most forums except this one.
    Didn't you get a new belt in the No.1 conversion kit? Mine came with a new belt so I assume you are supposed to use that.

I don't know if I've already posted this, but here is a great looking Brat

HERE!

Hello Jason,are you Jason Wakefield?

Hello Jason,are you Jason Wakefield?
    Yep!

If it helps, the belt with the Brat is made by bridgestone and it's marked 288mxl4.8 - which means mxl type, 4.8mm wide.

I'm not sure if 288 is the number of teeth or the "pitch" of the belt. There is also another marking "209J" which may or may not represent the number of teeth.

Small parts and Bearings in Brisbane often have these mxl belts and pulleys (handy for other cars with mxl belts like Bulldogs, Zerdas, Cats etc) but I couldn't find the right one.

Here's the link: Small Parts and Bearings

Gates is the main manufacturer of these (and other) belts in the world - not sure where you'd find a stockist of them in Qld though. I have a Gates catalogue but I can't post them as the file size is too big

The Brat conversion kit 2 was never sold in Singapore. What we did in Singapore was to buy the conversion kit 2 parts seperately. They were the Upworks motor, white nylon suspension arms, gold universal joints, upgraded purple shocks and the harden gear diffs set. I never remember that the Brat had ball diff upgrades, all the Nikko team drivers had special parts that was not available to public..those parts were the white nylon front and rear gear boxes, and nylon shock tower mounts to mount the carbon graphite front and rear shock towers..with the carbon fibre shock towers, the Brat's suspension geometry was totally changed..it became a lot more adjustable and had the looks of the more conventional buggies of that time like the Top Force, Lazer ZXR, Yokomo YZ10..etc..In 1992 Nikko had a prototype called the Brat 2. It looked very much like the Yokomo YZ10...it ran a couple of races in Japan, but sadly after a short while, the japanese Nikko team gave up racing completely....i've had buggies from Yokomo, Kyosho, Schumacher and Tamiya at that time and the Nikko Brat was one of my favourite buggies..it was so simple to set up and the car's handling was superb. The only problem was that the car's ride height is very low, so it's chassis often slap pretty hard after landing from a big jump...but overall it's a great buggy...

WOW! If only we could find some pictures of these highly modified cars?? I'd love to see what can be done with these cars by the race team.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkoBrat
    Uhm, can anyone tell me why my Brat looks different?
    Im sorry to dissapoint you but what you there is not the Brat we are talking about.Perhaps Nikko wanted to attch that name to your car because of the competition model the team drivers used to race?? Who knows?

WOW! If only we could find some pictures of these highly modified cars?? I'd love to see what can be done with these cars by the race team.

Give me some time bro..i'll try to find some old pictures of mine..and i've got tons of old Nikko news letters and old japanese rc mags that featured the fully hopped up Brat Works edition...

Look what i've found..hee hee..a rare find..a complete Nikko Brat kit..

Nice find,ok how much do you want to sell it for?-Jason.

I've got a NIB Nikko Brat Conversion Kit 1.
    Anyone interested?

Im interested,how much?

Thanks for the interest. Kindly send offers via PM.
    Will also consider a trade for a NIB conversion kit 2.

anyone still have dandy dash's spares? also where can i find dandy dash manual?

I have a heap of new spares.What are you chasing?