Notices

Thread: Emma c. Berry

1. Emma c. Berry 
    I am looking for a set of plans for the twin masted Emma C. Berry. I have allready tried Taubman Plan with no luck.
    Any help would be great.
    Fred

I have built the Emma C. from an old Dumas 1970's kit found in an attic cleanout. the kit was not complete and I improvised somewhat, therefore I renamed my boat.
    I've already sailed it and it sails great. I have the plans and instructions left over and they are probably good enough to build a boat without a kit if you are pretty good. The plans include full size views which should be enough. If you are interested enough to pay the cost of reproduction, they are kind of fragile.

3. Emma C. Berry 
    I built the Emma C. Berry from plans a fried supplied me from Mystic Seaport in Connecticut. The plans were full not taken off the original boat. Turned out fairly well and went to Connecticut to cpmpare this spring!
    Attached Images

4. Talking  
    Fred, are you still looking for an Emma C. Berry? Sterling makes a nice kit, she is 49 1/2 inches long and 40inches tall. Two masted schooner.

Sterling went out of businees in the late 1970's or early 1980's. Their model of the Emma C. Berry was the re-reig as a two masted schooner. The Mystic Seaport plans show her in her original rig, with a single mast.

6. Emma c Berry 
    Quote Originally Posted by pcharles
    I built the Emma C. Berry from plans a fried supplied me from Mystic Seaport in Connecticut. The plans were full not taken off the original boat. Turned out fairly well and went to Connecticut to cpmpare this spring!
    How does she sail? I built the same boat ( schooner rigged ) also from plans from Mystic. I added an extra tops'l, Heads'l and club footed jib and she points well. I sealed twelve pounds of bird shot in her bilge for ballast and to bring her to the correct waterline. LIke to hear from you, Mike.

7. nice 
    beautiful sail

8. emma c berry 
    [QUOTE=Fred;1311620]I am looking for a set of plans for the twin masted Emma C. Berry. I have allready tried Taubman Plan with no luck.
    Any help would be great.
    Fred[/QUOTE
    hi fred just joined the site and you can purchase a set of plans from the muesium at mystic conn. at a small price , i am looking for the entire kit b-21 from sterling but sterling has been sold to a rocket company in co. and i have sent a msg but no reply .f you hear of any company that has the kit foir sale i would appreciate a shout.
    Good luck Joe I have built 7 of the emma c berry