Notices

Thread: Lindberg PT Conversion

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011
    Quote Originally Posted by addg9e View Post
    A friend gave me his lindberg pt kit and a lindberg motor kit and a remote.
    I was wondering how to mount the motors ...
    Do you have any photos of the motors/mounts?

2. Question  
    tool 028.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by IppoJ View Post
    Do you have any photos of the motors/mounts?
    Yes I do , sorry for the size Iam new at the hole picture thing , let me know what you think

Yes I do...let me know what you think
    Wow! I honestly had no idea that Lindberg ever offered R/C running gear; with mounts too.
    You could epoxy two pieces of plywood to the bottom of the hull and mount the motors to that and that would give you some adjustability.
    I don't think there's any 'wrong' way to mount them as long as the motor and prop. shafts are lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by IppoJ View Post
    Wow! I honestly had no idea that Lindberg ever offered R/C running gear; with mounts too.
    You could epoxy two pieces of plywood to the bottom of the hull and mount the motors to that and that would give you some adjustability.
    I don't think there's any 'wrong' way to mount them as long as the motor and prop. shafts are lined up.
    Now as far as speed control what do you think I should use for that what came with the kit or up grade? Here is a picture of what I have to work with
    It was set up on this small board
    Attached Images

Now as far as speed control what do you think I should use for that what came with the kit or up grade? Here is a picture of what I have to work with
    It was set up on this small board
    Myself, I think I would start out with what you have and then if you find that you run it a lot then you can upgrade to an ESC later.

6. Thanks To All 
    I built one of these when they were first released by lindberg.. ran ok with stock drivetrain. I still have what is left of it...lol after all this time...lol I recently picked up 4 of them complete unbuilt in boxes at the same time for a song... I read through all the postings and got a lot of great ideas.. I hope to get at least one of them built this winter and will try to post pics, both in-process and finished...

Again... THANKS TO ALL...

7. Glue 
    What kind of glue can I use to close up the hull were the shafts are ? and will
    also be used to mount the motors to the hull. I was looking at JB Weld but someone told me it would not work .

JB weld is absolutely great, but it won't work for this application. It just doesn't want to stick too well to the ABS plastic. I've found the best stuff is Shoe Goo, it works great. They even make a Marine Goop, which is what I use. It's been forever since I've been on here & I wish I could get back to my PT, but it's sitting in my shed, waiting for spare time.
    Last edited by bugfanatic; 07-27-2007 at 11:29 PM.

Inside my PT-109 - Motor and Mount with gears.

Quote Originally Posted by CG Bob View Post
    Bug - you may have your water pick-up tubes too far forward. Here's a picture of PT 188 that I scratch built at 1/32 scale.
    have a Lindburg kit that I want to finish

would love to add a gun to the front of the boat

how did you build or where did you get the gun on the front of your boat?

looks great

Ok, I got the urge to finish my conversion so I finally got it out of the shed & finished it. Problem is, I'd all but forgotten about this thread so I'll have to get some pictures of it posted up. I went with a simple grey with black bottom scheme.