Notices

Thread: Team Losi LST Monster Truck

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Thoes linkages in the rear would be for setting the toe.

Both servos appear to be used for front steering. The reason for two, is so that can run crappy servos, and still turn the wheels easily. Or run 2 expensive servos and be able to stop the rotation of the earth when you steer The bottom picture clearly shows that the servos are side by side, as opposed to one in the front and one in the rear which would be required for 4WS.

Later;
    CoryD.
    Cory Drachenberg
    Senior Software Developer

TrackSide Racing Solutions
    www.TrackSideRC.com

I hope they make an electric counterpart... They could hook it up with a novak hv system and that thing would be awsome!!

I just got my RCCA and I was wrong, it is 2 servos for the front. Sorry.

Did you think dual airtronics 200 oz would be overkill? I want an electric LST

Did you guys hear that???
    It's this sound of my credit limit shrinking when this thing comes out. I hope they do a non radio version.
    Feels good to be back in the Asylum

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Thanks you for your attention.

No but I mean, I've never been so much excited by a new RC Car coming out. I GOTTA have one, but with this price tag, I'll have to wait to see if it's as good as it looks before buying it.

ya the two steering servo totally makes sense:

2 hs645's 260oz torque for $80

rofl!

seems losi has devised a plan to sell more shock oil.

lol

genisis who????

I told CEN they should have released earlier...

they have it on stormer hobbies for $600

I hope they make a bigger bottle or start selling in 3 packs.
    Feels good to be back in the Asylum

Jea Cri!!!!

HOLY! wow all have to say if i had any money i'd buy one they need to make a kickin monster truck for around 200-250. and every 1 would have one this 450-550 crap is readicyaluse(sp*.)

even if they only made 20 bucks profit per truck tha'd still make a killing.

there like what 10-15 nitro monster trucks and how many are affordable 1-2 mabye and they suck.

another unafordable truck.

Originally posted by sport-maxx
    they put a mach .26 in thr!
    I didn't know that the Mach .26 was a 7-port. Interesting.

Those shocks are huge, but remember, the Savage and the Maxx both use eight shocks, so the shock oil issue is pretty much moot. I'm thinking that the Losi MT would just just slightly less shock oil.

I'm betting that the high/low gearing selection probably uses a reduction gear for the change. I'm sure that the gearing change is for dual purpose, ie, higher gearing for on-road and smooth tracks so you can get top speed, with lower gearing for serious off-road bashing and when you need the extra torque. Though not a new concept, it's nice to see such a thing in a hobby-level RC vehicle.

Very nice looking truck. Good job on that one and Kudos to Losi for raising the bar once again.
    kitty

it already has 2 hi-torque metal gear servo for steering (JR Z590).

Rich, when is the planned date of release?

Thanks!

17. too much $$$ 
    ok i know how when he posts new products on here they are not the price that he actually listed but how much are they taking off from $599?

i'm fortunate enough to buy this new crop of trucks that push beyond $400+ but geesh.

they, and the other companies should always come out with 2 versions, a very decked out RTR and a stripped down model.

i'm very impressed with the features and engineering of this truck. it looks like it could make a killing if it were in-line with the pricing of a maxx or savage.

That $600-$650 price tag is per Horizon Hobby distributors. I highly doubt we aren't going to see a huge drop once the truck is released.

I finally found a monster truck worth buying.It loks friggin cool.

Those shocks will work great on my t-maxx lol

Comes with an XS3 and a pair of Z590's for steering... folks.. there's darn near $300 in radio gear alone. Price tag doesn't seem out of line if you take that into consideration.

i think that is the first new shock design losi has had since the Jrx2

whether they have raised the bar or not has yet to be seen... could be an engineered nightmare.. the tranny looks a little scary to me.. TOO many ring-and-pinion gears..

Originally posted by kitty
    I didn't know that the Mach .26 was a 7-port. Interesting.

Those shocks are huge, but remember, the Savage and the Maxx both use eight shocks, so the shock oil issue is pretty much moot. I'm thinking that the Losi MT would just just slightly less shock oil.

I'm betting that the high/low gearing selection probably uses a reduction gear for the change. I'm sure that the gearing change is for dual purpose, ie, higher gearing for on-road and smooth tracks so you can get top speed, with lower gearing for serious off-road bashing and when you need the extra torque. Though not a new concept, it's nice to see such a thing in a hobby-level RC vehicle.

Very nice looking truck. Good job on that one and Kudos to Losi for raising the bar once again.
    kitty

the four level modular chassis might prove my point..

Got any other nifty pics for us Mr. Trujillo aka Team Losi Team Manager?

BTW... Team Kawasaki called and they'd like their KZ125 rear mono-shocks back. Bwahahahahaha