Notices

Thread: New engine ROCKS !~! (plenty of fotos)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Your back!! Assuming you were gone somewhere.

I've been busy as a bee working the fullsize boat and spending as much quality time with our 11 month old daughter. Besides that, been stealing from Peter to pay Paul. You know what I mean. Example: This week alone, I've bought a 230 & pipe that was listed here. Money order the guy wanted so an extra trip to the Post Office. Been negotiating over the sale of my RC230 till last night when the guy sent the funds. Oh, & I just bought Scott Ericson's boat & extras that he has listed here also today. Why nitro? Its not for me, I just want the radio.

Listen to this.... You guys know that I haven't ran the RC230 that came out of the white boat in almost 10 months afte replacing it with the 260. So last week I put it in the yellow boat to mess around with. It ran sluggish and was stalling. Now the guy decides he wants it even after telling him the problem & how its never done that before. he said he'd rather me get the bugs worked out & then mail it off. Okay, so today, I was going to take the white boat w/260 & the yellow boat with the 230 & run today. So before heading out, I want to run the 260 on the stand & pull the dang cord out!

Got so mad, I came in here & thought about Scott. He'd been wanting to buy the 230 for the longest but hadn't come to a decision or work a full trade for the boat he's got for sale. Well, I found him on Jims & we traded even for the 260. Shouldn't be much of a problem to get back in, but it urked me off so its gone now & just three tanks through it.

Now for the 230. Got the kinks worked out after the run today & now have to go tear both engines out & get boxed up.

Whew, that was a lot. So you can see, I've been busy. Tomorrow, we're going for a long cruise on the Main River with the fullsize boat. Oh, had to install a bimini top on it yesterday also. Gesh, Im tired.

Btw, got the yellow boat up to 41 mph & change today w/ cut 275 prather.

Anybody want a pipe? It'll be here next week & is too loud for running in my neck of the woods.
    Last edited by Doubledog; 06-06-2004 at 01:03 PM.

One more thing.

Ran the RC230 today for a 1 1/2 tanks w/ the stock cannister exhaust. Have you ever noticed that its <loud> ? Well, I'm sitting in the middle of the river anchored down & running this joker. A few boats come within a few hundred yards & watch the show. It took a while to get the bugs worked out of it so I'd run, it would stall, die, bring it in make some needle adjustments and this went on & on for a while till finally took the car off & field stripped it right there. So 20 minutes later, I'm back at it. Zipping back & forth then I notice a fullsize boat started coming closer to within 50 yards. Too close so I give him the eye because I was there first & he was in my area of operations. So a few more shut downs, tweaks and runs then I decide to bring it in & move elsewhere because the guy wouldn't move. So as I'm lifting the boat in, he yells something out at me. Okay, my German isn't that good so I lift anchor & idle to him & ask whats up. His wife speaks to me in a hateful tone & then I ask nicely if they could speak slower or use English. They both look at me & say (in a hateful tone) that I've been at it for over an hour & that this is Sunday...

So like a good neighbor, I moved, (like I was in the process of doing) & apologized for the inconvience..... but grumbled & bit my tounge.

Yes, the stock exhaust is loud. Thats why the Cooper is on the other boat & was installed on the 230 before going through this phase.

Either way, it makes you want to break out a chain saw & rip thier boat in half just to see if its unsinkable. But thats me..... I'm sensative sometimes. Blah, hah hah hah. Maybe they were jealous.

hey jamie YGM about pipe

scott

Here's a photo of the GPS. She was dancing all over place thats for sure.

Not bad for a stock setup besides the tounge trimming on the 275 to allow it to accellerate a bit better.

You guys thought I was joking about doing it in the boat huh? Not much room but fun none the less. Hope the guy likes his new engine.

Hey DD. Where is that video you were talking about showing the roll over?

I'll have to get with my Italian buddy. Seen him only once in the last few months & he forgot to bring it. I'd like to see it myself, he says its funny. <rolleyes>

9. Cool  
    Are you going to decorate the boat ? looks kinda plain to me.

Which one ahab? The fullsize or the r/c? If you're talking about the fullsize, it'll have to stay that way for a few more weeks till we get back from vacation mid July. The main thing was to complete the final coats of varnish on the outside and get the inside 'liveable' or temporary in this case so we can get out on the water. This is my first old wood hull so its taking a lot of planning. We'll do a few more small things after we get back, but the real overhaul will take place during the winter.

im talking about the yellow one. Thefull size looks good but decorating wouldnt hurt

hey jamie

get your *** up to PA and ill lay some airbrush graphics on the little boats for you

scott

I wish we could Scott. Almost bought a HydroStream lake rocket boat this week in PA. Talk about a sweet ride! Its one of those deals that you have to beat the idea out of your head ya' know. You can see yourself behind the wheel, cruising along at 70+ and your hair on fire! I've got a buddy thats near it & could do a leakdown/compression check on the engine & bump around the hull. But what would happen to it if we stay here three more years? Damn, damn, damn!

Ahab!............. Why do you have to go picking on my boat! The nerve of some folks .....LMAO!

Nah man, thats the way these boats come. Open for the aircooled 230RC engine. I've got two hatches waiting for modification to fit but don't have time to do the work. Hell man, had the hatch locks here since the winter so theres no excuse other than being lazy.

Got a feeling the yellow hull (only) might go up for sale sometime in the near future. But we'll have to wait till after mid July.

One more thing...... decorating.... My idea of that is tossing a few stickers on. I'll put a lot of time into rigging and setup and leave the eye candy for you guys.

i like painting stuff

heres a pic of the body i just finished for the NTC3

wait till you see the stuff ive com up with for my cat hull

scott

in case anybody is wondering..............

those are not paint masks i coat the whole thing with liquid mask ,draw on it with a sharpie then cut it out

in other words its all out of my sick little mind lol

scott

Sorry for picking on your boat DDog I gues I just got so used to my checkers that a one color boat seemed goofy.

You're cool with me man, just jabbing back a little.

Now if any of you guys don't like the dull paint scheme, I'm not going to stop you from tossing some Chee$e towards some new graphics Scott has the theme going right there.

the web does not deserve that body to posted Its just to awsome

Got my package today from Scott. You boys don't know what kind of deal you missed out on!

Am I going back to nitro for the second time after the Prather hull from last summer?....... Let me think about it............ HECK no!

As much as I'd love to get this baby going, I can't see dealing with it just yet. But I could see putting it together and enjoying the time with it. We'll see after vacation.

Later.

boy thats a sharp looking boat jamie where on earth did you get that???

good to hear everything came through ok

post office can be a bit heavy handed at times

oh well at least you can get caught up on your newspaper reading and my recycling pile is MUCH shorter LOL

scott

WOW its Xmas!!!at your house.

You don't know the half of it guys!

Scott packed this thing with a months worth of news paper! But its gotta be the best packing job that I've seen. Funny thing... I turned right around and used the paper in another box with the steering cable that came off the mahagony boat. Saved me a lot of trouble.

Something new you will learn from here(WOW Gold) and you cannot learn from another place that will help you raise yourWOW Power Leveling.For DPS gear, armor penetration is gone, baby(Buy WOW Gold). It seems to change into either haste or crit rating, depending on the original piece of gear. Ramaladni's Blade of Culling on test has critical strike and expertise instead of armor penetration and expertise(Buy Aion Gold). As you can see in the above screenshot, that's (Aion Leveling)enough haste rating to give you almost 15% haste, which reduces the swing speed of a 3.4 weapon down to 2.96 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by saruoty View Post
    Something new you will learn from here(WOW Gold) and you cannot learn from another place that will help you raise yourWOW Power Leveling.For DPS gear, armor penetration is gone, baby(Buy WOW Gold). It seems to change into either haste or crit rating, depending on the original piece of gear. Ramaladni's Blade of Culling on test has critical strike and expertise instead of armor penetration and expertise(Buy Aion Gold). As you can see in the above screenshot, that's (Aion Leveling)enough haste rating to give you almost 15% haste, which reduces the swing speed of a 3.4 weapon down to 2.96 seconds.
    *** does this have to do with this forum?