Notices

Thread: Clodbuster

1. Clodbuster 
    How many people actually enjoy racing a clod? Where do most of you race clods? Any organizations or just crash & Bash type racing? Wouldn't you want to enjoy racing the clod kit at an organization that is dedicated to that type of racing? There isn't much interest in the New York City or State area, why i that?

Tony

I love racing clods. I have a total of 15 right now and i love most of them. I usually do parking lot races with them. Once in a year i bring them up to ohio for the NR/CTPA worlds and compete with them.

Living in upstate NY, I can tell you there isn't much interest in racing ANYTHING up here. We have one surviving track in Syracuse, a dirt oval, and the nearest established track other than that is about an hour away (CRC's carpet roadcourse and off-road track in Rome, NY).

All the shops used to have dirt oval as their primary racing, and tried off-road but with basically zero success. The remaining shop has tried off-road, carpet oval, touring cars, and all have died. I'm sure part of it is the various shop owners/managers, and they way they handled and promoted racing, but if people really cared they would be doing it no matter what. In a move that boggles my mind, the remaining LHS has been in business 25+ years, has a huge store, and sells a TON of RTR nitro trucks, has been for years. But do they make any effort to get people to come out and race them?......

I can't really explain why it is that other people don't race, but myself, I don't particularly like dirt oval and don't like that I'd spend hours and hours of work on a car and then I'd get to pay $10 to race 15 minutes with it (Actually 12 back then: 4 minutes heats for YEARS longer than anybody else). It's probably a combination of that sentiment, the fact that the economy is very depressed here (When you travel to parts of New England or down south, you'll see: This place is a dump), and we have a relatively short outdoor racing season with harsh winters. Nobody wants to venture out in the cold and the snow, or use up a nice afternoon or evening on 2-3 hours at the track.

I'd love to race my Clod, but since there isn't any of that type of racing in my area, that I know of (I think there is an NR/CTPA chapter, but heck if I know where or when they meet), it doesn't make much sense to try and prep a truck for one race a year.

Quote Originally Posted by BCat125
    I love racing clods. I have a total of 15 right now and i love most of them. I usually do parking lot races with them. Once in a year i bring them up to ohio for the NR/CTPA worlds and compete with them.
    would you like to sell one ??
    -=ADA$=-

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK
    Living in upstate NY....
    How close are you to Cornwall or White Plains?

Quote Originally Posted by -=ADA$=-
    would you like to sell one ??
    Well yes me and my father will be preparing some of our clods to be sold sometime soon i hope. The two chassis that i know that im sellin are my clodzilla 2 chassis and my clodzilla 4 chassis

Hey whats up guys? I also have a clod and i actually live in nyc. I have wondered since i got into the hobby why there are no tracks in ny? Being the 5 buroughs. There are like 10 shops that i know of just in Queens Brooklyn Manhattan and the Bronx. They all sell lots of kits both on road and off. Why no tracks? I mean places like Megatech in Manhattan im sure they could find some sponcers to help fund an offroad and onroad track in manhattan. I mean its NYC opening a tracj would mean big business and big R/C news. I dont know how the tracks work generally but i dont think you should have to pay each race? I think it should be like 20 bucks and you get a bracelet like at the fair so you can race in any event all day. Way more people would come to race and theya would make way more money because there would be so many more people racing which means LOTS of broken parts and things like nitro fuel and batteries. I wish i could open a place . But thats life.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknbil
    How close are you to Cornwall or White Plains?
    I live in Syracuse, right in the center of upstate. White Plains is almost 4.5 hours away, and if you mean the Cornwall in Canada, that's about 3 hours away.

We had some people visiting from Cornwall come into the LHS when I worked there. They seemed normal enough, except for the one uncle or something that looked like Bilbo Baggins in a flannel shirt. The boss always said be real nice to Canadians, because they spend a lot of money in the shop. We have a giant mall in Syracuse and get Canadians that come down just to shop there (They want to turn it into a giant mall/hotel/amusement park, bigger than Mall of America or West Edmonton Mall in Canada).

my clod is a strait rock crawler.For rockcrawling check out www.freewebs.com/customclods

I would like to get a group together for on and off road R/C racing in the Queens NY area. If anyone is intrestead, please let me know.

You can e-mail me at Art@YourDesign2.Com

Thanks,
    Artie