Notices

Thread: CEN Genesis .46-powered Monster Truck

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. CEN Genesis .46-powered Monster Truck 
    The latest monster truck from CEN is sure to blow you mind! Itís called the Genesis and comes ready to run. It rides on mega sized 7.5-inch tires and itís powered by a pull-start .46 engine. It can be set up for 4 wheel steering using CENís optional 4 wheel steering kit.

It also features:
    Composite drive train
    Tuned pipe
    Ball bearings
    220cc fuel tank
    Quad disc brake system
    Adjustable turnbuckles
    10 oil-filled shocks
    Front, center, and rear sealed differentials
    3-speed transmission
    Adjustable toe
    Protective radio box and battery case
    Reverse

That thing looks like a beast, hope a close up of the body does it better justice, kind of disappointing for such a long wait. Who knows, hopefully it will be compatible with other brand bodies...

Finally!!..A picture with a body!!...Looks cool to me though...anyway...I'm off here you all....I'll be on my wa for a 7 hour drive to ANAHEIM!!!..
    Steve......I'll be cooommiinnggg!!...*L*

The only question that remains is................. WHEN?????

Roy

That is one very ugly body on that truck. I think they need a new designer.

Matt

i think the body would look better lower than that

The only thing that makes it look weird is that the front of it looks a little too close to the windshield. Just looks too small up there. But that can be fixed with you putting a new body on it. Just all af a matter of what will fit on it.

Yeah, that body is terrible, looks thrown together....but also look how high the body has to sit because of that extra shock that sits on top of the shock tower...that would be the first thing I would pull off.....

I mean couldnt they design a body that allowed for that extra shock, so the body could sit lower.

Nice truck overall, looks like a bear to work on though.

See the problem is, CEN doesnt get much aftermarket support. Furthermore, these new large trucks dont get many companies to make larger bodies for them. I would think they would have done more to that body, something nicer for a truck that costs 500+.

Matt

Steve,
    How does it run?? I heard it is now in the 20lb range so I would guess the acceleration and top speed would be down from posted specs. Do you have any idea when a vid will be ready ??

TIA

Roy

looks liek a cheap version of a savage
    "blue is better but purple is the best"

I actually wonder how much output that .46 engine is gonna have. It'll be funny if the 2.5R has more hp

Wow.. I dont believe it.

First off, that "tuned pipe" looks like the most pathetic thing i've seen.. that's true Tamiya style.

Second, i'm assuming that .46 isnt the same size as .21 motors. So it seems that you'd be stuck with the same engine the whole time you have the truck.

It looks like a knock off from a Savage and a T-Maxx.

Sorry guys.. my opinion.

Looks like something from Radio Shack. What an ugly body!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
    Wow.. I dont believe it.

First off, that "tuned pipe" looks like the most pathetic thing i've seen.. that's true Tamiya style.

Second, i'm assuming that .46 isnt the same size as .21 motors. So it seems that you'd be stuck with the same engine the whole time you have the truck.

It looks like a knock off from a Savage and a T-Maxx.

Sorry guys.. my opinion.

Thats an awsome looking Truck but.. .46..is it a competitor of a thunder tiger .70..still that CEN truck looks like a savage on steroids...

i noticed everyone hates the body so i decided to help you guys out and give you a different look at the truck

i found this body on ebay so i popped it onto the rig 4 yah! enjoy

Randy

Cool body, but it still looks like it is from Wal-Mart!

lol, u show me a truck like that at wally world man! lmao

They put a tiny little air filter on that engine. What a pity. The filter looks like the one that came stock on my Savage (and was never used).

R-MAXX, you made that truck look 100% better! I love that Bronco body. Can I have it?

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.OO
    still that CEN truck looks like a savage on steroids...
    More like a Savage with hemorrhoids. It just looks cheesy to me. Those wheels look very breakable - reminiscent of the 7" Hot Bodies wheels that break hubs out within five minutes of use. The header is a joke - look at pictures #6 & #7 in Steve's post. Exit engine, make a sharp left through a narrower passage. At least it looks narrower. And what the HECK is up with that pipe? It looks like something they yanked off an airplane.

The part colours are okay, though I think they could have picked a brighter shade that doesn't look so dull next to the hard anodised parts.

I just noticed something else. I thought the Genesis was supposed to be larger/longer than the Savage? In the pics that R-MAXX posted, those bodies barely fit on the truck, and I'm not talking about them not being fully mounted. Look how they fit between the bumpers. Just doesn't look right length-wise.

Okay, I'm finished ranting. For now

Wow Kitty by how grumpy you sound anyone would yhink you had hemorrhoids..So you dont like the truck I take it heh?..

I have a feind that is at RCX right now. In talking with him he says that the Genisis is actually a very ncie truck. Losi and traxxas wont even run their new trucks out there on the jumps because they dont want to scratch them up, while CEN has been show casing what the Genisis can do by taking it off the big jump that is set up there.

I would really hold off on judging something that you have only seen pics of. You never know this thing could be a bad azz truck.

hey kitty thanks for the compliments..but just another thing...i put those bodies on the truck with a paint program! they are not actually scaled to the right size..i just basically resized to my liking! so the Genesis can still actually be huge!

and it is huge, you seen the picture of it next to the E-Maxx didnt you? if not kitty i will find it and post it here 4 you

Randy

R-maxx, you really did make it look alot better.. on those other bodies, the front end looks really mest up.

does anyone know if the published the engine specifications yet? steve?

but other than all that, it seems like this is actually a pretty nice truck

24. Suspension 
    The suspension looks like it would be great for jumping.
    When you think about it the two extra shocks would only come into play when there was a heavy impact on both wheels (Landing)

Great idea.

I will be watching this one.

In that video that's not the Traxxas Revo, it's the Tamiya TNX. Which looked like it ran suprisingly well.