Notices

Thread: 20 questions; part 2

1. 20 questions; part 2 
    im sorry for all the questions again this is part 2 of the cumulative questions i have.

#1: what exactly does the rpm bearing cleaner do?

#2: is it just a stand for your bearing as you blast it out?

#3: whats a good cheap rolling toolbox that could also be a car workstation?

#4: how to stop a differncial from leaking?

#5: whats the melting temperature of nylon?

#6: who wants some electric buggy roadrage tires-front new?

#7: fantom filter wash better than soap and water?

#8: can you run some rubber and some metal shielded bearings at the same time?

#9: do you have to break in rubber-sealed bearings?

#10: is associated green slime stuff good?

#11: where to buy it?

#12: wont it mix with shock fluid?

#13: u know the pin thats tightened to hold the carbureter...i dont see what tightening the pin does to actually hold the carbureter on.

#14: if i pull the carb hard, it will come off even when the pin is tightened, what to do?

#15: how do i get clutch spring back on clutch shoes?

#16: how to assemble everything back on to crankshaft in right order (manual doent show well)

#17: cant tell what this little c-clip does when you put it on the pilot shaft of the crank (hotbodies lightning .21 bb engine)

#18: isnt the clutch supposed to spin freely on the crankshaft and casue it to go into gear at a certain rpms?

#19: if so how is it doing this if it had the clutch bell and the little screw holding all that onto the crankshaft?

#20: anybody with a mugen mbx-5 want to tell me the part # for the wing mount? it seems to me there are 2 parts; e0404 and e0405 which is what and what is which?

kitty please dont answer all of them again or i will have to give you my buggy in thanks

1. it allows you to thoroughly clean your bearings by mounting them in the cleaner and blasting them with some motor cleaner.

2. yes.

3. i saw a couple at lowes. it all depends on how big a rolling box you want and how much space you need.

4. i'm guessing this is a sealed diff that's not supposed to leak. have you installed the o-ring seals properly? i don't know much else about them.

5. good question.

6. no thanks.

7. not sure.

8. yes.

9. no.

10. yes.

11. any hobby shop, local or online.

12. not that i'm aware of.

13-20. not sure.

hope this helped a little,

adam

thank you so much!

these still stand:

#13: u know the pin thats tightened to hold the carbureter...i dont see what tightening the pin does to actually hold the carbureter on.

#14: if i pull the carb hard, it will come off even when the pin is tightened, what to do?

#16: how to assemble everything back on to crankshaft in right order (manual doent show well)

#17: cant tell what this little c-clip does when you put it on the pilot shaft of the crank (hotbodies lightning .21 bb engine)

#18: isnt the clutch supposed to spin freely on the crankshaft and casue it to go into gear at a certain rpms?

#19: if so how is it doing this if it had the clutch bell and the little screw holding all that onto the crankshaft?

#20: anybody with a mugen mbx-5 want to tell me the part # for the wing mount? it seems to me there are 2 parts; e0404 and e0405 which is what and what is which?

edit: and the melting point of nylon question
    Last edited by Ferrari_Spyder; 04-29-2004 at 09:51 PM.

7. The fantom stuff may clean it out more easily, but soap an water work just fine

13. I am guessing, but it could work just like a set screw, or it could compress the metal around the opening making it tighter.

14. Dont pull it.

17. I believe the c-clip holds on the bearings.

18. The clutch should spin freely when the motor is off or idling. When the motor reaches a certain rpm, the springs holding the clutch shoes give and they catch the clutch bell making it spin and therefore moving the car. If the clutch bell itself is just spun, it will never catch on the shoes because the shoes are not rotating.

19. not sure on what you are asking there

20.Never owned a mugen.

And why would you want to know the melting point of nylon. I am guessing it would melt around 300* f but i am not positive. It depends on if you're asking when would it melt as in start dripping, or just start to bend.

my god this man has alot of questions lol. But look on the bright side he aint like other people who start a thread for each question cause thats a nightmare.
    Im also interested to know why you want to know the melting point of nylon is lol

To add a little more to the RPM Bearing Blaster, basically it's a cone that the bearing fits over, and you slip something over the top of that to hold it in place. When you insert the spray tube and fire, the spray can only do one thing: Flow THROUGH the bearing, taking dirt with it as it goes. If you just spray the bearing while it's laying on a paper towel, the motor spray can go around the sides instead of through the internals.

hmmm i have an invaluable replacement for the $6 bearing blaster...fingers!

okay as for the melting point of nylon...well i cant tell you...its a secret...but i will find out this weekend and maybe show you guys in a month or so when i am rich lol

#1: what exactly does the rpm bearing cleaner do?
    holds the bearing and allows you to flush the insides out without removing the shields.

#2: is it just a stand for your bearing as you blast it out?
    no. when you put the bearing inside and press down it creates a seal on the top side of the bearing so when you shoot the cleaner through the hole in the top the only place the fluid has to go, is THROUGH the bearing, flushing out the gunk inside.

#3: whats a good cheap rolling toolbox that could also be a car workstation?
    craftsman (sears) has a good one, and stanley copied the craftsman one although stanley has several rolling workstations.

#4: how to stop a differncial from leaking?
    check your o-rings and gaskets for wear and replace as needed.

#5: whats the melting temperature of nylon?
    not sure but somewhere over 350*F

#6: who wants some electric buggy roadrage tires-front new?
    thanks but no car to put them on.

if it's foam i'd use simple green and running water.

#8: can you run some rubber and some metal shielded bearings at the same time?
    yes

#9: do you have to break in rubber-sealed bearings?
    not that i know of.

#10: is associated green slime stuff good?
    yes

#11: where to buy it?
    tower hobbies sells it.

#12: wont it mix with shock fluid?
    not in my experience.

it's a cinch nut so it actually pulls the metal together that surrounds the carb to keep it in place.

one side of the screw may have a notch in it, make sure it's seated properly before tightening. if that's ok, check your o-rings and/or use some oxygen safe silicone sealant (permatex copper). if that doesn't help then i dunno.

if the spring is not damaged or the wrong shape, patience and practice.

engine reassembled with crankshaft sticking out front of engine > flywheel collar (conical shaped)> flywheel> pilot nut> clutch shoes and springs> clutch shims> clutch bell (with bearings)> clutch shim (if needed)> washer> screw or eclip to hold clutch bell on.

not sure

the clutch itself shound be attached to the flywheel and the flywheel attached to the crankshaft securely. the part you want to move spin freely is the clutch bell. the clutch always spins with the crankshaft but the clutch bell does not.

the clutch bell bearings enable the clutch to disengage from the clutch bell and still allow the crankshaft to spin freely while the drivetrain isn't in motion.

e404 are the plastic parts that hold the wing to the car, e405 are the aluminum posts that go in between the plastic parts. (see pic)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Spyder
    hmmm i have an invaluable replacement for the $6 bearing blaster...fingers!
    That is such a tremendously BAD idea. Look at the warning labels on cans of motor spray or brake cleaner or whatever you use, and see if you can figure out why you shouldn't hold a bearing in your bare hand while spraying it.

Plus you run into the same problem: The motor spray can flow around the bearing as much as it can flow through it.

the bearing blaster is a lot of money to spend on a piece of plastic less complex than what comes in a damn happy meal but let me tell you, it works, and it works great.

they just need to price them at $2 and every r/c person on the planet would have at least 3.

Melting point of Nylon is 460* F with a loss of strength above 300* F
    thank you and come again

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxcrazy
    Melting point of Nylon is 460* F with a loss of strength above 300* F
    perfect

thanx guys i can sleep tonight

are you gonna tell us why you wanted to know now?

its really not THAT interesting and i havent gotten to run my car because i cant get my carb tight so i cant run. maybe this sunday i will be able to drive

oh, lol