Notices

Thread: HPI Super Nitro Rs4

Page 1 of 181 123456789101112131415161718192051101 ... LastLast
  1. HPI Super Nitro Rs4 
    What are your thoughts on this car. How easy is the kit to assemble?

Post some pics of your cars if you got em.

I will let you know, I should have mine this weekend.

The kit is relatively easy to assemble and should pose no problems for most people.

The problem I have seen with this car is that the drivetrain has a limit of about a 1.25HP engine. Anything more and you are asking for trouble: The drivetrain will start to break things.

I have been running a Trinity/Picco 15 Rear Exhaust in my super for almost a year and a half and have had no drive line problems or broken any parts yet. Great car, wish more people in my area had them.

i had my super nitro from the end of 2001 and it is really hopped up, i have no problems with the car except if you have bad tires don't run the car, my super nitro was all over the track. Right now it's all hopped up except the engine and the drivetrain, my transmission broke cause i had it from all the way in 99', if you get a super nitro get the HD transmission, i fixed all the steering problems so i wouldn't have any problems on the track. Right now i'm in the process of building a bulletproof drivetrain with a HD transmission and some aluminum parts for drivetrain and a really powerful .15 engine.

6. help 
    I have a question. I have a ob4 with 2 speed tranny and a os .21rgx. I want to run the wider,taller tiresof the super nitro and want to know if they use the standard hex size. Thanks.Please e-mailme at harley6969@earthlink.net cause I am new to this board and not real sure howto check back. Thanks again

12mm

8. .15 big blocks 
    hello, am getting a super nitro next week

along with with some chassis strengthening up grades.....

can some of you give me some idea of what is great for the superRS4, particularly
    big block .15 motors.....also, i want to buy a one piece
    header and pipe, i'm confuse whether the the .12 one
    piece pipes are the same with the .15 bigBlocks....or should
    i buy a 1/8 one piece header pipe?????????

do you guys recommend a chassis upgrade for a .15 motor big block ? because i'm already ordering the Y -braces and
    the side gear brace........

and also, some gearing combonation for for fast acceleration
    and the highest gearing possible for all out speed.....

thank you

i have a super nitro and an RB engine in it it runs great i put a 2 speed on it and i stripped a couple of teath out of it i also upgraded the whole car with graphite and alluminum all but the steering arms and the main chasis so i htink the car is great the one problem i had with the kit was the stock engine wasn't that powerfull for it so i put it in my racer 2 and took the RB out of that
    so I give you 2 thumbs up on this car
    it is great

Its a really easy kit to build. Takes about 1-2 days depending on how anxious you are to drive it.
    Heres my car.

oops heres teh pic

thas badass, i was thinkin bout buyin one of these. I like them because they're so realistic, but i have to buy the RTR, to impatient to order the kit when my LHS doesn't have one

Originally posted by JohnLeMVP
    Its a really easy kit to build. Takes about 1-2 days depending on how anxious you are to drive it.
    Heres my car.
    Hey, how do you like the CVEC pipe (isn't that a CVEC) ? Some say it's sound is great but otherwise not that great in performance sense.

The car looks good!

Here is one of my supers.

Oh, man, that's a car!
    Is it Wolfpack Radicals that you are using ??

This is a Wolf Pack Radical

No, it's not wolfpack, it's mostly powerline. RandyT has the one by wolfpack. Here is my other super, also by wolfpack.

The powerline is one I might be getting rid of soon.

Hi, I am thinking of buying a new SNRS4, Selling the FE and making it into a 'Project', thinking along the lines of a 2-Speed, RB X15 Turbo Big Block, Aluminium Upper Deck, Aluminium Y-Brace, some better shocks, Aluminium Steering and possibly a thicker chassis.

What do u think?

I just had a look for the Wolfpack .21 Conversion, is it true that all you need is the flywhee/clutch and engine mounts and it'l bolt onto a standard chassis? Obviously it will be like crap with so much power on the standard flimsey chassis but with ally upper deck, y brace etc etc??

Is this true? $60 for a .21 SNRS4 + Engine?! If yes you have my attension!!!!.

What about the transmission and diffs, can they take the power of a .21 and what about 2-Speed?.

Is anyone on MSN who i can have a chat with?
    my MSN is ashtuk@hotmail.com OR BigAsh2k is my AIM Name

how is that centered wolfpack conversion?......I'm taking apart 2 racer2's......and a have a super already..(HPI Challenge 2002 NY....4th A main,2001 Englishtown B main winner)....

thinking about that wolfpack car..something to do with all my worthless HPI parts.....

Here's a picture of the other side of the Super Nitro Conversion.

If you purchase the Wolf Pack Radical Super Nitro Conversion, it comes with Flywheel and Motor Mounts for a .21 Conversion. This shows you everything that comes with it. http://www.wolfpackradicals.com/SUPE...L%20PARTS.htm. I believe I paid $290 for it. If you want a Two Speed, it will have to be the Heavy Duty one and at least the HPI Racing Clutch. A $60 .21~? I don't know about that but I put in the Ofna Hyper .21 8 Port and it was a $120. With this much power it does take its toll on parts and especially tires.

I can only speak for myself but my purchase of the Wolf Pack Radical Super Nitro Conversion has to be on of my most satisfying purchases I have made in along time. The only thing that exceeds the quality and craftsmanship of his work, is Wolfgang's customer service. This gentleman takes such great pride in his work and went out of his way to make sure that all my questions were answered. His customer service is what all manufacturers should strive to be.

thanks for that...any particular problems I should be aware of?....also,do you thing a BB 15 would be better tha a 21...(i'm thinking the slight weight diference,maybe a little better on parts..

A hobby shop guy has a .21 in his super nitro and we were talking about that. He thinks it would be probably easier on the wear and tear and just overall running. I guess it depends on where your going to run it. The HPI Super Nitro Forum is really good because alot of these guys are running .21's in their Super Nitro's they would know better than I, since this is new to me. The biggest problem to worry about that I've found is tire wear. If you make the conversion don't use a soft foam rear tires. I went through the Cross rear foam tires in nothing flat. The hobby shop guy said he would split the HPI tires down the middle after a couple of runs. But then again both he and I are just mostly dragging it flat out in a parking lot.

What does the conversion include for $259? Link isn't working...

I thought that all you needed was engine mounts and flywheel for $60 and it bolts onto the stock chassis, OBVIOUSLY there will be other things to get.. engine for one, i was thinkin of a 8-Port Hyper21 as i've already for a 4-Port and thats been quite a nice runner, not to mention the fact that i'l need chassis parts to stiffen it up, thicker chassis, y-brace, upper deck but wouldn't that be it?!

Originally posted by fastharry
    how is that centered wolfpack conversion?......I'm taking apart 2 racer2's......and a have a super already..(HPI Challenge 2002 NY....4th A main,2001 Englishtown B main winner)....

thinking about that wolfpack car..something to do with all my worthless HPI parts.....
    fastharry, since I have more than one super, I was able to compare both the wolfpack and my other one on the track. I think the belts that you use on the wolfpack make it a little faster, but it will take more time to set up on the track. I still use my reg super when I'm racing b/c I just have not had enough time to set up the wolfpack, so that's just my project car for now. While the purple alum one is the one that you will see in the for sale forum pretty soon. (I was also at the 2002 NY challenge and Englishtown as well)