Notices

Thread: 1/8 4-stroke Baja truck project (56K DEATH!)

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    it took me 12 months to save for my RS4 3, would every one stop compaining already lets just wait for ThorBob to finish for ever how long it takes, and enjoy the marvell he is creating as it heads toward finishing stages But it looks like most of the hard stuff is done? is there much left ThorBob?

just do it at your own pace thor, its your project and it shouldnt be influenced by any one apart from you.

hurry up tho lol

As always, thank you all for the way-to-kind words. And I'm sorry to be so slow with the updates, not much time to tinker these days.

W00t!! First update of '05. Not that its much of an update, but I got to keep the hope alive, yes?

While I'm waiting for daylight to come back to this part of the world, I'm tinkering with li'll bits and bobs here and there. And one thing I wanted all along was some sort of crud-protection to keep debris out of the tranny.

So, using some ultra-thin 7075 T6 I cut some body panels of sorts. I ran these from my (modified) front servo cage to a support which I milled and mounted to the front of the rollcage. With this support a created an opening on each side, and figuring these thumpers wouldn't mind some air I closed them up with some mesh. (ie: rocks out, air in).

I'm not done tweaking it, so its a bit rough, but since I'm off on travel for the next 3 weeks (starting tomorrow), I figured I needed to show something.

Anyways, here are a few shots.

Hope you like!

Next up, Ottawa!

Thor

Jeebersholyubercrapstick

I thought i was doing well when ported my exhast....you have shown me the way.

Just wicked! You hardly need a body on that machine!
    (or maybe a clear bed to show it off!)

it looks so much better with the panel covering and mesh grills.

wow. I really dont know what too say.

I would give my left nut for that truck I know that.

Build a clear lexan body!!!!!

Matt

hello anyone still there. finish the dang truck, im so bored

then get a life...and chill out

Quote Originally Posted by leoboy254
    hello anyone still there. finish the dang truck, im so bored
    Thanks for bumping this, and don't be a jerk. Mkay?

1. if thor had update he'd "bump" it himself

2. its not my fault the kid's impatient

3. "dang" truck....ok buddy w/e you say

4. if he's bored and got nothing to do other than sit near the comp for 3 weeks that thor is gone for...then i categories my comment under "very helpful"

5. you can't rush art...if you cannot do the same or better don't rush him, otherwise do it urself

Mkay?

well said

okay sry

Quote Originally Posted by Specializer
    1. if thor had update he'd "bump" it himself

2. its not my fault the kid's impatient

3. "dang" truck....ok buddy w/e you say

4. if he's bored and got nothing to do other than sit near the comp for 3 weeks that thor is gone for...then i categories my comment under "very helpful"

5. you can't rush art...if you cannot do the same or better don't rush him, otherwise do it urself

Mkay?
    Way to fly off the handle. I wasn't trying to smite you. I was being genuine when I thanked him for bumping it. I hadn't seen the project and was glad to find it on the first page. I just thought his "hurry up and finish" comment was, well, jerky. As did you.

As far as I'm concerned, he can take until 2010 to finish the project. I know exactly how this kind of thing goes. Time time time... and more time I'm just happy to have what we do so far.

its ok ...let's just all go back to what we were doing sry for going hard on ya

yes the project is truly amazing..it would be cool if some company made it into a kit if its successful and if thor wants to...i'd buy it 100%

this is just awsome, but i want to see like a video or even more pics etc.

man that car is so freaken crazy awesome. 2 engines... man i wish i had one of those!!!! cant wait to see her finished, and a video?

Now that I look at it, looks like a Truggy more than a Trophy Truck. But that's still sick as hell. Fantastic job Thor! But just a little idea for the "looks" of it. Try getting a little carbonfiber tube(towerhobbies.com has some cool/cheap ones that you can use) and make a real roll cage look like this picture:

And the window nets too. Nothing wrong with the truck, but just some "detail" idea's that would make it look better than it is now(maybe....if it's possible that is.).

Just subscribing.... and bumping.

That thing is simply amazing.

BOB your are an icon builder among model and RC'rs alike. You are welcome to come and bash with me any time in Miami.

Great fabrication, great job

MN

Thor you should win an award or something. Keep up the good work!

Wow Bob, amazing. Simply stunning.

Wow Bob, amazing. Simply stunning.