Notices

Thread: 1/8 4-stroke Baja truck project (56K DEATH!)

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    i cant wait to see how this thing handles.... I have a neat idea for a truck like it, but i'm not sure how the trailing-arm rear would be.... still looks awsome!

Yea I cant wait to get some more updates on this!!! Having grown up around off road racing and this type of truck, I cant believe how great it looks!!!!

Is there a video of it actualy going yet? It sounds and looks amazing! GOOD GOING MATE!

Hi thor have you ever thought of making a business out of building things like that as i hope to start one for my LMP car when it's built at the end of next year or before.
    Hope to see a video of it running and hope to see more amazing builds from you,as it gave me alot of inspiration to do mine at last .

that is hands down my favorite r/c...period.

one sugguestion- use the proline triple bypass and coilovers up front. those would make it more realistic. (if they fit)

First off, thanks to all for the great comments. And as always, sorry that its taking so long between each update, but thats the way it goes..

God gawd...been a while now..

Anyways - I suddenly had this urge to tinker with this never-ending story, and started off by completing the rear axle (filled it with new driveshafts and diff). Then I started re-pondering wheels. Wheels have been a minor PITA since I started really; mainly because I wanted it all to fit the lid I was planning on using. Which meant small-ish wheels, that looked nice and scale - but that I feared would be way too small for all this weight.

Well - the heck with it; we don't need no stinking lid, so I can go with larger wheels.

So, using a set of Ofna "1/8 stadium truck" rims, and a set of SinTec tires (same as I run on my buggy), I ended up with a wheel thats a bit taller than a typical 2.2 truck wheel, but smaller than a Maxx wheel. And they don't look too horrible either (as soon as I get this chrome off em). No, not very "scale" anymore; but its always been function over form.

So now I need to make these brakes work, find some beefy springs and tweak a few odds and ends - then hopefully let er rip. One day...

A few shots:

Thor

Wicked!

oh, man!
    ohhhh, man!!!

she looks SWEEEEEET!!

congratulations for all your hard work!!!!!

I can 't wait to start my truck project with a .21 engine in a 1/10 monster truck that will really fly.Also looking great thor those big tires really make it look a real monster now.

you have way too much time/money on your hands, but Nice creation, it looks awsome

GOOD LUCK!!!

11. man o man 
    Mr. Thor, you are the man!

I've been watching this thread for quite some time now and i'm just completely impressed! I sympathize with you as far as work issue...I'm also in the military and let me tell you.....time off is almost non-existant for us here in the USN. hell I dont have time to even do the upgrades to my savvy that I'd like, let alone take on a project like the one you are working on. That truck is friggin awesome! I can't wait for the final days of this project to see a video of it or something. Good choice with those newer set of tires. keep up withthe awesome work!!

That is one sick machine! If you have access to CNC Machines, you can make a little wheel I designed. I have to design it to fit the truck. It's on the bottom of the page in the link.

Link

well I wanna just bump this up and say awesome truck/buggy/thing man. great work, how bout some action movies? eh?

wanted to drop by and say that it looks awsome! i didn't realise how beefy that rear end is going to be compared to the relatively small meats it's going to be spinning, you'll probably never break that thing! hey, have you taken a few minutes to see how it would look with monster-size meats bolted on? i'd like to see it with bigger tires, or maybe even some with nasty offset like older moster pirate rims and tires. just to see how she'd look.

I have to say though that combination there looks much more practical than the last. you'd rip up those old tires...

it looks pretty scale too, why dont you just trim the body to fit the tires or get one that is a bit bigger maybe? i dunno if there is one though.

how exctly does the body look on it with those tires, i'm wondering what doesn't fit so i can think of a solution .

i was thinking maybe you could attach body sections, if pieces dont quite fit, cut up the body and clip on panels, like a real one would have. bed doesn't have to be attached to cab, maybe you could trim the wheel wells to almost nothing... i dunno. got a pic with the new rims and tires and the original body?

it would look cool if you made a body out of aluminum plates and skin it and make fenders

I think the wheels fit perfect!!! I was just watching a 1:1 truggy the other day and checked it out. The tires they run now are HUGE!!
    I'm 6' and they went to my chest.....
    IMO...The tires are scale now and are a perfect fit!!

Totally great design. Can't say more so i'm

What about engine cooling?
    Electrical fans or belt driven or else??

Continue the same way the very good work.

By the way, have a look at my trial:
    http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...581#post454581

philbilldrag - where did you find that engine?? are the problems aommonly associated with full-size wankels present in yours? are those problems you listed some of the full size disadvantages or those of the model size engine?

i think that's pretty cool. now if they made a gas powered one....

gas is still cheaper than nitro!!! even though it's almost 3 dollars for a friggin gallon!

OH and what i said about the old body working, i looked back and now i kinda dont think it would work. the whole old setup looked awsome by the way, for a .15... lol, your setup would just mutilate those tires...

but now it still looks good!

J Bone - can you post a picture or link to a picture of one of those trucks that has tires up to your chest? that sounds...huge!?

Sorry, I don't have a picture of them.

hmmm.... ok. what r they called? trophy trucks, stadium trucks, or...truggies...lol

I love it.....but.....you have too much time on your hands!

nope.............That's sick too!!!!!!!!!!!

SICK SICK SICK

Good job Thor !!

Get a video out real soon k