Notices

Thread: 1/8 4-stroke Baja truck project (56K DEATH!)

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Out-FRIGGIN-Standing!!!
    Very, very nice project.
    It makes me want to go back to the drawing board with my 1/5th four-banger roadster idea. (Based on this engine: http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg1320.html)

It is beyond words to discribe this build, and well I can't wait to see pics pics of this thing running on the sand dunes so keep up the good work.

That thing is absolutely stunning. What rims/tires you going to be running on it? How much does it weigh?

regards

Nice work! You definiatley seem to have the knowhow to attack a project like this and address all the details that go along with it. I love that test run video. The engines sound awesome.

Well done...I wish you would have come up with an original idea tho.....LOL

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by raderrustler
    Well done...I wish you would have come up with an original idea tho.....LOL

Randy
    ditto .......

That thing is going to have more beef than Texas!

Crazy ... I'm speechless. I don't know what to say other than ... wow. Incredible piece of craftsmanship you have there sir.

aye, amazing machine your biulding there, please keep us posted with more of your goodies.
    -m

wow that is a hell of a job. It all looks amazing! Like said before keep us updated and i want a video with sound in the future lol

"Well done...I wish you would have come up with an original idea tho.....LOL"
    Hey, dont spoil the high guys. This project is outstanding.
    I doubt any of us could have done better.
    Besides, how is it not original?
    Link me to where someone has a 90% custom 1/8th truggy with dual independant Hyper7 suspension and V-Twin 4 strokers.

i had an idea so freakin similar to this a while back... you are my idol... where do you live? i must come and see this thing...
    Wadda Ya call An Upset Person Who Owns A Traxxas?
    Madd Maxx...
    Short Fused Nitro Powered Rocket...

All I can say is AWSOME I envy the skill and machines you have and you make it look so easy..once again Well done, nice work..I have only one question why fourstrokes Im not bagging fourstrokes I just thought there may be a reason....

That has to be the coolest thing I've ever seen. GET VIDEO when you're finished. This is a MUST SEE.
    Keep up the great work!!!
    -Eric

as i understand, 4 strokes have more torque but less horsepower than a similar displacement 2 stroke.

so, can u build me one to. just kidden, sweet ride.
    i hope that ofna two speed is up for the task,

when you're done, i'd be suprised if steve wouldn't want to put it in the rag, er mag.
    question is would you be able to part with it before it gets beat on, and would steve send it back?

Spectacular, Thor!

Neat! Nice job so far, i cant wait to see it when it's finished.

By the way, how much does a sheet of t6 aluminum cost you, and what are the dimensions....

this is sweet, at first i didnt believe what i see, you have great machining skills, and even better fantasy!! Hope youll have as much luck as possible, this should be best project along with woddy maxx!! rock on!!
    -=ADA$=-

that is pure brilliance thor.... then again we'd expect nothing less from you

Quote Originally Posted by atm92484_3
    Holy crap! That thing is absolutely amazing. What mill are you using to make that?
    That's like asking the painter of a good body which airbrush he used. It's not the mill, it's the miller.

by the way which airbrush did you use to paint that nice body again?

ThorBob, I've been amazed by your work before but this is not even real! This is IT!

Two words to add:

Riktigt snyggt!

Whoa - thanks guys, your way too kind! Just to make it sorta clear, its not like I knocked all of this stuff last week - 'fraid I've been tinkering along with this off and on for about 3 months now. Like I've said, I hate it when my job keeps interfering with my hobby, hehe!

Toyotatogo: Well thank you, but I thinks more a factor of me having a free run on the aluminum scraps from our sheet-metal shop; pleanty of alloy to mess up - LOL!

maxxamillion: Thanks man! Its really funny you should mention it, Herbst has been one of the 1:1 trucks I've been looking at a LOT for guidance. Don't get me wrong, this is by no means (nor was it meant to be) a "scale" truck, but I did want to utilize the same "functionality", if you know what I mean. And some where along the way it sorta started looking a bit like the real thing...SORTA - LOL!

Speedballtrix: Thanks man! Whoa - now that would make for some heavy-duty thumping!! Would take some creative gearing, but whatta torque-factory! Sounds like one heck of a concept, you need to git on with it!

josh222: Thanks man, can't wait to try it out in the dunes myself!

Witness_02: Thank you! Not 100% sure about the tires, but it will most likely be something that will work with the body, either stock F-150 Landmax wheels or 1/8 buggy wheels. Thats sorta what I was shooting for when I geared it. Not sure about weight, really need to weigh it. But it aint no light-weight...

Grant Tokumi: Thank you! I really wish I had a better quality video of it - the sound was just INTENSE ...in a really GOOD way

raderrustler: Thank you - and I promise I'll try harder next time

Fidelio: Thanks man! And I agree - it is quite beefy - think I need to give it a few more diets before we're done - LOL!

ggfx-mikey: Thank you, and I'm certain I'll pester ya'll more with updates!!

Krasi 5000: Thanks! And you bet, it'll have sound allright

Maxx-A-Million: Thanks man! I'm in Norway, so it might be a tad of a long commute - but feel free to drop by!

C.J OO: Thank you! Well, I wanted fourstroke first because it was all new to me (I'm a sucker for punishment - LOL), and then, like Fidelio says - its the TORQUE...luv a truck with some GRUNT to it, if you know what I mean!

rccardude04: Thanks man! I promise, whatever happens, there will be a video of this thing running (if I have to throw it - LOL)

crusher03:Hmmm...think I need to try and finish this one first - LOL!

Fidelio: I appriciate the sentiment, but I don't think this is good magazine reading - think its a tad too weird for that, hehe!

Gyro Gearloose: Thanks man! And btw - you got my vote for "nick of the year" - LOL!!

McKB: Thanks! Don't have any prices for the aluminum, I get scrap "leftovers" from our sheetmetal shop (yeah, I'm a lucky swine, aint I?). Prices would depend on the alloy (ie 6061, 7075 etc) more than the temper itself (T6 etc). As for dimensions it would be pretty much any way you order it I think.

ADA$: Thanks man! Not so sure about the skills though, just consider all the stuff you DON'T get to see here - LOL!

uDI MP75: Hey, thanks bro - long time no speak!! And don't ask me about painting, only color I can deal with is BLUE..and where talking solid, one-color scheme..and I still mess it up - LOL!

DCLXVI: Wow, thanks man! Glad you like it! I just hope I can actually get it running this time! Three words: Tack så mycket!!

Thor

Sweet Jesus . . . <faints>

The mother of all home builds. Let us know how it handles.

nice work mate, very good cant waite to see it going, one thing ii would suggest is a wheelie bar as thats going to pop em all day,lol. nice work keep it up.

That is really awesome work. And nice choice of engines! I have a .26 4 stroke in my FW04 but I've always wanted an offroad thumper. Just incredible though. Can't wait to see it in action!