Notices

Thread: World's Fastest RC Car Challenge

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Cool ride... hope it flies for ya. Might wanna tiewrap those wires on the right side of the rear wing to the wing... you wouldn't want them to be rubbin' on that tire at speed... and that could happen just from the air flow at high speeds.

2. Great Car Bart!!! 
    Well, if you had to one up us all and just have a velodome in your backyard with a F-1 car to run on it. Wish you the best of luck with getting in to the 100+ MPH range.

The closest velodome to my place is 200 miles...and it is ashpalt, not perfectly fitted hard would planks that have been hand sanded to perfecttion. But it would be worth the trip, I could see how well i do with my car and my cycle. On flats with my road bike, I can only touch the 27mph mark for about 3 min before the next hill or gust of wind slows me down. And my TC3 with an 8s Fegiao motor might reach into the 50's. Might I add that the car and me roughly put out the same peak power. 220watts.

My Chirstmas gift suggestion to my love is Bushnell Radar Gun. Who knows she might buy me a cool gift this year and I will gladly use it.

Sorry if this has already been asked but Spekyrum? Allowed or not?

why is a 100mph monster so out of reach, my revo does 50mph with one motor, and stock gearing.

Airdrag/handling/control are all working against you @ high speeds....

A Monster truck gets very hairy at even 60+. I think the record, get me wrong, but there was a 70 MPH E-maxx. That was near the limits of what things can do.

Quote Originally Posted by DOahh
    Sorry if this has already been asked but Spekyrum? Allowed or not?

why wouldn't spektrum be allowed?? Radio has nothing to do with speed. Just range. No one cares how far away you get...

The rules were written before 2.4GHz tech became available, that's the only reason it's not mentioned. You WILL be allowed to use Spektrum and Nomadio systems, as long as you can demonstrate a functioning failsafe capability.

oops, wrong place

Um just curious but, does my mx-3s have a fail safe?

is their a limit to the car size????????????

Quote Originally Posted by dave mac
    is their a limit to the car size????????????
    Dave
    Here is all the info and rules here: http://www.rccaraction.com/news/car_challenge.asp

thanks craps. and goodluck, hope you dont miss to much off roading, with this stuff.

I just got my Prototype Schulze 80.200 ESC from Germany with the Prototype motor Plettenberg sent me and I am ready to hook them to my 4 Thunder Power TP8000-5S4Ps in series to give me 74 volts. Can't wait to test it!!!

If I drag it behind my Vette does it still count? I'm thinking somewhere in the 140's

that would be worth my time to watch.....as the wheels disentigrate (sp?), bumps send it airborn, and then the remainder of the car is ground away

lmfao thats a lotta battery for a car!

"overkill" is not in my book.......that sounds sweet........but costly

i hava megatech dragster!!! up to 97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by biker dude 666
    do you guys think a monster truck could win? not that im going to enter but it would be cool to see a monster truck.
    lol

if u dropped it off of a HUGE cliff lol

Slot Car Drag strip take-off ?....I thinking 80feet of plyboard with a guiding slot cut into it with braided wires. Juice that track with a few car batteries and it should have enough amps and steady volts to get a car into the 75mph range after 80 feet. After the track tapers into the concrete and the wires run out your batteries take over. If the speed runs on the salt flats allow cars to be pushed by 400hp desiel trucks up to 80mph, why not use use a few car batteries to help push your car before it attempts 100mph range. Any Ideas for using a powered sled similar to aircraft carriers. Of course not steam powered...but with good ole 12 volt batteries.

Don't tell me your going to use the new Plettenberg Predator?

This motor is Huge, but it is for Airplanes tho it puts out 11k+ watts

thats freaking big

Not big enough!!!

Not big enough?? LOL You funny!! heh

IT goes in one of these large scale planes