Notices

Thread: World's Fastest RC Car Challenge

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbike
    twin engine nitro tc3
    not a chance.
    super blackfoots can out drag any new monster or stadium truck. mine will do a 40ft wheelie with a 1500 battery pack 27 turn motor, and a novak explorer 2 esc.
    future hop-ups- dynamite 2000 ultra-sport battery pack and a trinity speed gem 2 amethyst 17 turn double

Hmmmm? EV05MS into GT = ???mph lol I really don't know yet I just don't want to lose my truck to a wall from a mistake

Although I would love to see the look on Team Associated face when they see what I have done to their RC10GT if they haven't already seen so already.
    Last edited by Toyotatogo; 05-13-2004 at 09:47 PM. Reason: I dunno?

Nice truck, but I've got to know what wheels and tires those are. I need some of those for my RS4 MT.

What about a class for people with more skill than money. A class where you have to use any six cell pack and any brushed motor. To see who can make the most streamlined, lightest, and frictionless car. This would be the hardest competition.

That's easy, I just won that one. 6x5 motor w/ the best GP3300's money can buy in a 540 conversion micro or a chopped 1/12 scale. That's all anyone would enter. Or maybe a few chopped Bolinks too.

I know salt flats wouldnt work, but it would be cool.

There is a military base by my house. All of the guys have nutty fast RC's and ue them at an old runway.

But radio range is a problem.

On the topic of thrust-powered cars: these were ruled out for two basic reasons. First, safety. Once ignited, there's no way to shut down a rocket. Turbines are throttle-able, but you're still basically driving a torch. We will allow cars that use a turbine to spin a transmission (like the late Don Vesco's Turbinator: http://www.teamvesco.com/), which is safer and more technically interesting. That brings to reason two for the "no thrust" rule: it's too easy to go fast. The challenge won't be going fast, it'll be stopping! And with the exception of the radio gear, the cars would use very little "RC" stuff, which would be a bummer. From a magazine point of view, we're hoping The Challenge will generate some really trick cars we can do articles on, cars that will inspire readers to build their own creations. I think thrust cars would just be javelins with a rocket in the rear and a receiver under the nose cone.

8. what about.... 
    will jag gas be allowed?

i have another idea:
    supercharged 4 stroke 120 in a super nitro rs4 with jag gas....

Some things you aren't likely to see there: Superchargers, turbochargers or nitrous.

I predict the fastest set up will be a simple one, brute horsepower(Electric or Nitro) on a pan type chassis car. Any other type of complicated drivetrain or suspension eats up power, a waste. Aerodynamics will be a huge factor also.

the os 120 sc comes with a supercharger on it all ready.
    just a note..............

Yes, I remember when it was introduced, way back when.

I dont mean to sound like an ass, but what is the prize for 1 place top speed winner, I would like try it, but when its all said an done i have no interest in owning A top speeder SHO me THE MONEY please.

to rule out 1/5 1/4 why i dont understand/ thay are r/c...... more fun to watch, more fun to wach CRASH.??????????????????????????????/

I dont mean to sound like an a$$, but what is the prize for 1 place top speed winner,
    Ummmm, a plaque.

Not much incentive to bring in entrants from out of state, is it?

no its not ,sounds like fun , but after spending 1500 for a speeder , an for less than 5 minute run, WUTS THE PRIZE???????????????

LOL. That's why I probably will have to skip this contest unless I get some sponsors........

A trophy and bragging rights are the big prizes for the moment, and all the motivation required for the manufacturers. I can't think of any manufacturer that wouldn't want the title "World's Fastest RC Car" (WFRCC) attached to their brand! There's no additional prize (at the moment) for the Independent Team and Individual classes, but if you win I'm sure you'll have no problem securing sponsorship to defend your title at the 2006 WFRCC Challenge, so that's sort of a prize. Plus you'll certainly be featured in RC Car Action as the builder of the WFRCC.

Even if there were some outrageous prize, I think the winning Independent Team and Individual will be the guys who race strictly for the glory. Isn't that what pushed guys liked Craig Breedlove to go ever faster on the salt flats? Or was there a prize involved? I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know!

Will the coverage in RCCA be like any other race coverage, with the 10 fastest times in each class? I think it would be cool to see how fast some of the other competitors were.

sorry , in a world full of billions, sports, real car/bike racing, golf,pool,poker, just got to be a little something for the R/C man, o well ill try to go anyway.....

Super Nitro Electric Chassis ......

I bet $100.00 that Steve Pond uses this for a speed run project ..

Quote Originally Posted by rodmanrc
    I dont mean to sound like an ass...
    Too late! Definitely an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by rodmanrc
    what is the prize for 1 place top speed winner, I would like try it, but when its all said an done i have no interest in owning A top speeder SHO me THE MONEY please.
    Just stay home if all you care about is what's in it for you. I'm sure you would be a top draw for the show, but I guess everyone will have to live without you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1822
    Too late! Definitely an ass.

Just stay home if all you care about is what's in it for you. I'm sure you would be a top draw for the show, but I guess everyone will have to live without you.
    that was really unessesary.^
    the prize for this is bragging rites anybody will tell you that thats better than any prize becuase after you win your untouchable and noone can beat that unless they spend there whole life at it

You are right. Its totally unnecessary to come in here and tell them to be sure there's a prize waiting for you if they want you to show up.

Let's get real with this competition and include the rest of the country instead of some remote location in the USA. You need to get it a little closer to the middle of the country like Lowe's Motor Speedway near Charlotte, NC. This would be more convient to the rest of the country than the California Speed Challenge. Lowe's Motor Speedway would probably put up some money and promote it to the general public real heavy to help RC racing.

North Carolina is in the middle of the US?

We have a big earthquake I missed?