Notices

Thread: Any bets on what will be the fastest? Nitro, Electric, and how fast?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    there is no way a blower can't be made to work, or nitrous or turbos for that matter. all you are doing is adding more air to the equation, and that lets you run more fuel. if there is a blower system out there that is garbage, it's cause the system is no good, not the forced induction principle. all is needed is someone to spend the time to design a real performance system.

also, if the only thing keeping nitro cars from blowing right by 100mph is gearing, then somebody needs to make some gears. jeez! i'll agree that whoever wrote the quoted article above is at least not very creative.

yep, i knew this topic would get ugly and stupid. i knew better than to get involved in it.

There is a gonna be a tough battle for nitro vs electric.... I think electrics will go 120+not cliff or chris, nitro will be there.... 120+.... gonna come down to who can get there car to hook and go straight and quick... and slight move around on the track can cost you the record.

What I meant was that with the highest gear ratio that you can buy, the car would behave as I described above. Also, the Super Nitro made by RC Nitro had custom gears to hit 100 mph-the tallest ones that could fit. The normal Nitro RS4 would go slower even pulling that higher gear ratio due to it's smaller tires. Any way you look at it, it is BS. Also, if it made that big of a performance increase, then why doesn't anyone actually post some videos, or show for a RATIONAL REASON why it would work with a 2-stroke. From everything I know or that I've heard on forums, a blower is inneffective on a 2-stroke.

20/37 is the tallest gearing HPI makes, and that's 2nd speed. That on a stock SNRS4 would go 86MPH according to RCCA's calculator and provided the engine could turn under load to 35000 revs. Pond also had the 32 tooth diffs, and I think(?) 19 tooth pullies, which would only add speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Interstate
    20/37 is the tallest gearing HPI makes, and that's 2nd speed. That on a stock SNRS4 would go 86MPH according to RCCA's calculator and provided the engine could turn under load to 35000 revs. Pond also had the 32 tooth diffs, and I think(?) 19 tooth pullies, which would only add speed.

actually no 23/37 would be the highest

Pond also had the 32 tooth diffs, and I think(?) 19 tooth pullies
    Actually he had a 25 tooth pulley to work along with the rear 32t diff.
    Last edited by Toyotatogo; 05-22-2004 at 08:13 PM.

Show me. Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Interstate
    Show me. Got a link?
    I'm not telling competition is right around the corner ... lol *lips sealed*

8. Whooooooooa !!!! 
    Steve Pond's amazing 100mph car had a FDR of 2.67:1

But I was able to get an even better final drive ratio of 2.14 currently installed on my Super Ten now (actually its in pieces but will be ready I hope soon for the competition) *eeek*....lol

I'm thinking 105mph maybe or more I dunno ....
    Last edited by Toyotatogo; 05-22-2004 at 09:09 PM.

Steve Pond I have one question how big is this Race Track or the Speed Trap???

Wait, is the 23 bell made by HPI? PM me at least!

RS4-3 Threaded Clutch Bell and Pinions (RED) 23T

i would imagine that not a lot of people have tried to boost or spray nitro because it isn't needed. just get a bigger engine or a second engine.

or we could just use chris lapanse's theory that if it isn't written about on a forum then it must not be possible.

Don't worry toyo, I'm not making a top speed machine; I'm not entering the contest. It'd be nice to see another super be mentioned though.

if a nitro car wins it wont be with fuel you can get over the counter. In real dragracing we use a totally different more pure type of nitro that is about 900 bucks for a 55 gallon drum or you can buy it in single gallons for 45 bucks....so yeah ya get screwed either way... spending 900 for a lot more than you could use or spending 45 for nothing. but the problem is you got to have a special licence to buy it because nitromethane in its pure state is not explosive but mixed with the right stuff...kaboom...see oklahoma city bombing few years ago...yeah nitro was ingrediant...for this speed test the cars will probably be run under 1 minute so 85% nitro, 5% vp racing oil, and 10% alcohol would be the ticket. Also a custom made motor i think would have to be done to realistically run the numbers. Short stroke big bore kinda thing...huge rpms and a supercharger for a nitro burning 2stroke engine will work it makes the cylinder pressure higher thus forcing the piston down faster for more rpms..yes it does work..think hard about it and you will realize it. I think elec. will win the competition because of the availability of most items needed to compete.

If there were no forums saying ANYTHING about the blower, then I would agree with you. However, when there is not a single forum that says it helps, and there is a HUGE forum where people discuss every possible reason why it won't work, then I am more inclined to believe that it won't work.

people act like these motors dont work like a typical 4 stroke but do to some extent. People think the supercharger will not work because the air would just blow out the exhaust real quick. That is false. In that case when the intake it open (when the supercharged air enters along with fuel) the exhaust would be open. The piston goes up with the fuel and supercharged air hits and ignites the fuel with more cylinder pressure than without a supercharger then goes down at a higher rate of speed than would be without supercharger and releases all the exhaust. Being higher cylinder pressure causes it to create more rpms and more punch or as some like to call it horsepower.

i bet a rail dragster will win with a speed of 125mph and it will run a brushed motor and and lith-ply and look at the nitro electric thing i kick GT with Novas in them and on 6 cells and 10x6 motor i had once like T3's kick GT's no matter what you say cause i have done it 132 i got 10 feet on a Gt with my T3 you are NOT going to win with nitro but it will get you a top 10 spot

Wait.... what?

That post should be used as an example to keep kids in school.

lol. Took me 5 times after reading it to understand it.

i bet a rail dragster will win with a speed of 125mph and it will run a brushed motor and and lith-ply and look at the nitro electric thing i kick GT with Novas in them and on 6 cells and 10x6 motor i had once like T3's kick GT's no matter what you say cause i have done it 132 i got 10 feet on a Gt with my T3 you are NOT going to win with nitro but it will get you a top 10 spot

i think this is what he means....

He bets a rail dragster will win with a speed of 125mph. It will run with a brushed motor and lithium power. He beats RC10GT's with Nova-Rossi's with his RC10T3 with a 10x6 motor on 6 cells. A RC10T3 beats a RC10GT no matter what you say because he has done it 132ft ( 1/10th scale 1/4 mile) and was ahead by 10ft on a RC10GT with his RC10T3. He thinks nitro will not win the competition but will be in the top 10.

Hope that helps out the smarter people. haha Ya gotta be able to understand the tards somewhat. I have to deal with them every day in my machine shop. So i understood this guy well.

rofl, thnx a bunch promodvette
    -Nick

Ha Ha Ha ! that was hilarious !

DFF

do you know any slow or special people?

I think Fast T3 is simply a true member of the TXT Generation; a generation with no bounds, no fear, and no knowledge of punctuation. God bless them all, for the rest of us won't, because we can't understand what they're saying.

LMFAO!!!

See, I wouldn't think the supercharger on a lil nitro engine would do much. It'd be too parasitic and wouldn't do much. I've seen superchargers and read bout them on what I believe was a SNRS4. The blower was about the size of a marble, and I read on some forum that the guy really wasn't getting any noticeable speed. I'm not saying it won't work, I'm saying it may not give you the performance increase you want.