Notices

Thread: How fast? What RPM? Online calculator tells you!

1. How fast? What RPM? Online calculator tells you! 
    Go here: http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/cars/calculator.asp

Have fun! I just used the calculator to figure out that a car traveling 100mph covers 146.66 feet per second--wow!

When entering ratios (for example, "2.4:1"), leave off the ":1"

What does NaN mean?That's what I got trying to figure drive ratio.

It means that you have entered one value in a way that the program doesn't recognize it as a number...

I had this problem alot in the beginning sine I use , as a decimal point and not . (I'm from Sweden and we do it that (,) way)...

So it could be that you have a . or a space in your RPM after the thousands...

NaN = Not a Number

I'ver used that calculator inthe past a lot, and either you made it perform an illegal calculation(i.e. divide by 0) or what ^^^he said^^^

Also, make sure your wheel/tire diameter specs are in inches (25.4mm in an inch)

I found that entering a comma in the engine RPM set it off. 50,000 won't work.50000 will.Thanks for the assistance!

no problem...

Good news guys, with my calculations and secret motor. I can get my knight hauler to go 107 MPH, but I dont think that it throwning aerodynamics into the mix.

assuming your motor has the grunt you could run some 2.2s and a 1:1 gear ratio and only need about 15279 rpm. for a sedan you want to knock off about 20 mph off the estimated top speed to get your final speed (because of air resistance) so if the speed calculater says 80 it will be closer to 60. good tip for nitro racers entering this event (oh my god a tip), get rid of the clutch. i leave it to you to figure out why you should and how.
    later