Notices

Thread: Espn?

1. Espn? 
    Sorry if this has been asked before, because it seems like an obvious question. But, don't you think espn or espn2 (or I guess speed channel) might be interested in taping the event for one of those specialty shows they have every so often? They do air dog shows, spelling bees, math competitions (saw that recently - non stop action) and other non-traditional sports events. I'd love to go to cali to see it, I still might. But if not it would be nice to see it all done up in espn style. Nothing against DIY Network's Radio Control Hobbies show, which I like a lot and I'm sure would cover the event, but it could use a little spicing up.

someone email them about it

i emailed espn about it im waiting for a response.

I can see Dave Despain on windtunnel doing it. He has had several r/c cars on there recently.

sry no help they said. " We are unable to assist you with your inquiry regarding the car action fastest car challenge."

^^^.. that's it?.. .. bunch of A-holes.. well i guess I aint gettin espn next month

Quote Originally Posted by mgs9
    sry no help they said. " We are unable to assist you with your inquiry regarding the car action fastest car challenge."
    Translation: You didn't talk to the right person.

mabey so , but witch one do i talk to there's about 10 diffrent email things, and each one has about another 6 email links inside it.

Tech TV had some Associated guys on talking about Cliff Lett's speed run cars, so they might be receptive to it. Now that they have been consumed by gaming channel G4TV it might be tough to get a timeslot, but you could always try.

The DIY Network has aired specialty R/C events in the past, such as the Las Vegas hobby show and the Top Gun flying competition. Give Chianelli a call and see if he's up for it (He'd probably say yes before you finished asking the question).

Yea if any show would have it it would be diy's Radio Control hobbies