Notices

Thread: Fg Evo4!!!!!!!

1. Fg Evo4!!!!!!! 
    I just ordered a FG EVO4 Kit from my local hobby shop. It was being shipped sometimes this month. It's costing me $1700, but I figured $799 for the basic car $250 for front hydralic breaks, $250 for the rears, $179 for the big power pipe, etc.,etc., I'd go all out and get the top kit. When it comes in I'll post pics of it. Here's some pics from the distributor.

http://www.vsmodelsport.com/News%20page.html

2. They are shipping!!!! 
    FG out of Germany is shipping out the EVO4 kits!!!! I' sure we won't get any of the first 500 kits here in the US, and I don't know what number I am on the pre-order list for the US. Maybe by the end of the month I'll know something.

Hey do you happen to know if theirs any U.S distrubutors for fg and technokit. Just cant seem to find them anywhere.....

Cool. Post some pics. $1700 is a great price for it. I'll be racing against one this weekend so we'll see how it performs.

5. Any body got any info??? 
    Last I heard a guy in Mexico had one, but no one in the US yet. $1700 is an estimated price, not fixed. My local hobby shop does buisness with Vs and every time he gets a price for something it comes in cheeper!!!! So he was telling me if the EVO4 is the same way he would give it to me around $1700. I have always bought top grade stuff from him in the past, and I do good when racing with my equipment, so I have been affecting the sales of his products.

6. FG CARS in USA 
    Check out , molzermoweryracing.com , this is the largest distributer of FG cars in the USA, no bull only stright answers from these guys. They know the cars and have a great web site with lots of photo work and the best current up date s on the EVO-4s and Monster Trucks from FG, call any time day or night

My local hobby shop where I'm getting it from told me to be looking for it in about 2 weeks!!!

Do you know any site where I gan find FG parts and hop-ups prices, the only thing I've found are the kits.

Try Molzer Mowery Racing, VS Modelsport, Hobbytek, or Advanced Hobbies. They all carry parts etc. Also check www.rctek.com as that's the best 1/5th scale site.

10. Got The Phone Call!!! 
    I got the phone call yesterday, My EVO 4 is on its way

11. It's Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    I got it today, cost roughly $2300. Alittle more than I was expecting, but I got it!!!
    Attached Images

$2300 and it's not even assembled?? No Freakin' Way

13. After Day 1 Of The Build!!! 
    So far so good!! I only messed up an O-ring to the diff , which will need to be replaced, and 4 missing washers, which I may find in one of the many bags left. If not no big deal, I'll get all the part when I'm closer to getting it done.
    Attached Images

14. After Day 2!!! 
    now all the important stuff!!
    Attached Images

15. After Day 3!! 
    Now it's starting to look like something!!! Now I can see all the stuff I need to do or get to get it done.
    Attached Images

looks nice

17. I guess this is day 5 now!! 
    Need to get the radio stuff on order now!!
    Attached Images

18. Gotta love those brakes!! 
    + the mini jack!
    Attached Images

I love the jack Looks like a nice car. Tell us more after you run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyotatogo
    $2300 and it's not even assembled?? No Freakin' Way
    Kits are the only way to go. I have just started my search for a 5th scale car, and I am disapointed that many are ARR.

My technokit came ARR, just needed to put the radio in.... I don't about the FG yet (getting one) but you're flying blind with directions... There are none...

Yeah, I was suprised to learn that FG only offers the COMP F1, COMP Truck, COMP TC, and EVO 4 as kits!! All the rest are 95% built AAR or RTR's. I don't know if any other brand offers kits. You would think at this level all of them would be kits. I mean how many young kids spend their birthday money from grandma to buy one of these things as their first "gas" cars???????

Not many kids can afford them... I've been in this hobby since the 70's and I finally got my 1/5th scale last year...

Just because it comes assembled donsn't mean much. The first thing you have to do is take it all apart and lock tight everything anyways. I think they just save money by not having to provide assembly instructions. You just get a couple of exploded diagrams.

Actually I think the FG cars come with 2 pages of instructions, but they're in German.
    At any rate I like to be the first one to assemble a kit. And it's cheaper to print instructions than to pay a person to build it.