Notices

Thread: Now we're cookin'...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Now we're cookin'... 
    Spent Saturday down at the shop seeing what we could stuff into what, and think this is the set-up that could take the win. What do you think of this prototype? Wolfgang surely had some wood

whats the specifications?

im gana guess it was made for a hpi car front and rear ends,1/8 scale foams,water cooled engine,with a boat pipe.

wonder the speed.

nitro13,

Thats a picco .21 boat engine? I wonder what he's got planned?? Because the added weight from the water tanks to keep the engine cool and whatever pump he uses will surely scrubb off speed.

But on the other hand if he can keep it cool enough he can run a higher nitro % 40+ .

He's running parts off of a rs4-3 and a super nitro with a couple of other custom made parts also... I would like to see a photo of the drivetrain.

looks like he is running straight to the rear diferintial.

i wonder if he somehow made it 4wd because he still has the front dog banes still in that would be some weight saves.maby he will make a custom head so he wont need the water pump and everything else needed for the pump.

nitro13,

Quote Originally Posted by Toyotatogo
    Thats a picco .21?

Nope, that's a picco .80 engine. I figure 50 to 60 percent nitro and she'll be putting out about 8 horsepower.

how fast do u think it will go stevepond.

nitro13,

Quote Originally Posted by nitro13
    looks like he is running straight to the rear diferintial.

i wonder if he somehow made it 4wd because he still has the front dog banes still in
    Well the only problem I see with that is the carburetor would be blocking because it sits were the front drive shaft would be.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePond
    Nope, that's a picco .80 engine. I figure 50 to 60 percent nitro and she'll be putting out about 8 horsepower.
    I'd like to see how you figure to keep it cool enough with 50 to 60% nitro and still keep the weight down

Quote Originally Posted by nitro13
    how fast do u think it will go stevepond.

nitro13,
    That depends. If I have the engine modded and go with a turbo pipe instead of the standard pipe, then I drill the carb and flip around the rotary induction valve, I think she'll check in at about 160. I might go with a supercharger and some NOS to get more power.

it reminds me of the fusion .21 when I look at it....

I sure can't wait until he pieces it all together...

steve can i have it for my birthday?

I think he's trollin' Supercharger? NOS? LMAO

I was just wondering if boat engines have to be cooled with water...could you possibly use another liquid to run through the engine to cool it?

thanks

anti-freeze ....lol

::speehless::

I hope we will see some test videos. For those of us not lucky enough to make it to Ca to see this thing run.

You shouldnt be allowed to enter Steve.

Kinda like when pepsi does a promotion, pepsi employees arent allowed to enter it. Same should go with you.

J/K, looks fun. Only thing is, how long will it take to get to speed? Cause if it really does go 160, I think it could be a top contender...

Steve,

Where will the pump, resevoir and lines for the water cooled head go? Seems like to me it wouldn't fit?

Any idea what the final gear ratio for the rear is?

-will

I'm Guessing 3-4:1ish...should go quick...

Woohoo! That's an awesome machine you got there Steve! As everybody keep asking, how will you get that monster engine to keep the temprature down without adding another heavy tank? Will you use water to cool it or will you test something "more chemical"?

/Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Toyotatogo
    Thats a picco .21 boat engine? I wonder what he's got planned?? Because the added weight from the water tanks to keep the engine cool and whatever pump he uses will surely scrubb off speed.

But on the other hand if he can keep it cool enough he can run a higher nitro % 40+ .

He's running parts off of a rs4-3 and a super nitro with a couple of other custom made parts also... I would like to see a photo of the drivetrain.
    that looks like a picco 80

Quote Originally Posted by StevePond
    That depends. If I have the engine modded and go with a turbo pipe instead of the standard pipe, then I drill the carb and flip around the rotary induction valve, I think she'll check in at about 160. I might go with a supercharger and some NOS to get more power.
    dont meen to flame but a two stroke engine have both exhaust and intake port open at the same time i personally dont think it will do anything exept a very small increase.tiny one. or you mean this sarcasticly

Steve,why not go with a SC AND NOS? 90% nitro too.I mean,heck,don't get conservative on us!

watever i guess ill just follow along and keep my mouth shut ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by thefasttrack
    that looks like a picco 80
    It IS a Picco .80-he already said:
    "StevePond:
    Nope, that's a picco .80 engine. I figure 50 to 60 percent nitro and she'll be putting out about 8 horsepower. "