Notices

Thread: Who's Runnin What?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    P.S. I dusted off the old HPI Super with the kevlar belted tires. I may bring it along for someone else to drive.

Well i'll be running an RS4 2 with a RB Concepts C5 Circuit....sadly, it'll seem like i'm copying steve on his super nitro, since it'll be a miniature version of his

There's nothing wrong with that. Just because it has a big block and four tires doesn't mean it's a copy. Besides, who cares if people show up with similar cars? This is about going fast and having fun.

lol, true, but i'll pretty much be running the same car. I mean, i've got almost all the wolf pack radical parts, i'll use almost all the buy HPI parts....as well as the robinson racing parts (except not so much custom parts)...

but yes this is for fun

Quote Originally Posted by StevePond
    kevlar belted tires.
    plz, plz, plz make me 2 pairs of these ...... I need them ..... I don't want to pull out the sewing maching ... I don't even know what to do once I pull out the sewing maching??? I need those wonderful tires.....

Man I've called, emailed, stood outside of Jaco and I haven't been able to get any infomation on specs or instructions, or just a glimpse of one tire ....

plz, plz, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...... !!!!!! lol

1/12th, dual 9 turn motors, 12 cells. I hope they have a "most spectacular crash" category, 'cause I'll probably win it.

location of RC "nitro": www.jagrc.com
    location of supercarger: http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog/index.php

oh yeah and O2 is extemley flamable duh!!!

I have yet to find someone who can get the nitrous to work properly. From everything i've read, you get very little gain and tuning is HORRIBLE. Also, i heard the glow plugs don't really take too well to the NAWZ.

For the supercharger, i don't think anyone has proven any gain from it on a 2-stroke. It just doesn't make sense on a 2-stroke.

You're really better off just getting a quality hand modified engine.

Oxygen is not flamable. It just helps things burn.
    If oxygen were flamable, the first person to strike a match would burn up the atmosphere.
    C8H18 + O2 --> CO2 + H2O <= that is the combustion formula for gasoline
    There has to be another element with O2 for it to combust.

This isn't going to turn into another damn "NAWWWWWWS " debate. End of conversation. We can't get away from these stupid arguments even when the thread is totally unrelated.

haha, crack that whip steve!

*ducks out of the way*

I meant at them!!

Back on topic:

It seems that alot of people are more than glad to tell you what they are running, but no one wants to post pictures. What gives? Is everyone running an RS4-2 chassis or something I would post a pic, but there is not much to take a pic of, its all in pieces right now.

Give me about 1.5-2 months and i'll post pictures that give you a better idea of what it'll look like. I'm saving like crazy to get it done and buy all the support equipment. As of right now, it's not impressive.

Below is a picture. Pretty much all the aluminum and robinson racing parts shown will be replaced with new parts.

Hey Steve Pond ..... can you help me with tires? I want what your running the best.

<----- persistent

So how much do I have to pay for 2 pairs ...

What's the advantage of kevlar belted tires over just running foams? Is it weight?

Cuz i'd still like to stop good, and rubber tires do not work well in that dept. IMO

Well, they hold up much better than regular tires since they are more rigid.

Toyotatogo , have you considered running foams? wolfpack radicals has a conversion kit for the super nitro to run 1/8 scale foams.
    link:

Steve, I've read the article on the AE speedruns with electric cars. Would your run with the HPI car be considered the fastest documented speed for a nitro car?

Well were I run in (parking lots) foam tires don't offer the amount of traction a rubber tire can. Foam tires work eg. designed for clean, and treated race tracks. Running on ice is like trying to run foam tires at a parkinglot. Rubber Capped Kevlar Belted Slicks are the one and only way to go if your using a Super Nitro.

Come on Steve ....... help me out ....

Hey im runnin a HPI Savage with 8 wheels powered by two three speed trannys and quad engines. I'm running tests, and i'm hitting maybe 210 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxas_rulez
    Hey im runnin a HPI Savage with 8 wheels powered by two three speed trannys and quad engines. I'm running tests, and i'm hitting maybe 210 mph.
    Don't even bother posting here.

why can't I post

bahahahahahahaha ........ o man ....

That was tooooooooo funny .... hahahahaha

you don't believe me. I'll see you at the competition.

why can't I post
    Because your 4 engine savage ain't got nothing on my daily driven turbine powered 1:1 corolla. I'm easily hitting speeds of 250mph in the 1/4, and that's without my 700 shot of nitrous in the radiator. I got a 4 cylinder rotary small block with a vtec on the crank. Let me tell you, when some ricers rolls up next to me, it's over. The turbines' titanium valve spring injectors really makes this german engineered car MOVE.

you don't believe me. I'll see you at the competition.
    Okay great, i'll see you there. But in the meantime, maybe you should show some pictures of this great machine. Let me guess, you don't have a digital camera? Or is it broken? Well if you can build such a great machine like that, you could afford a $150 digital camera.
    Last edited by kwong2001; 01-03-2005 at 03:56 AM.

why can't I post
    because we are trying to have a (semi) serious discussion here. If you are just gonna post some made up crap and not contribute anything useful, you're wasting everyones time. You are running tests, and you are hitting MAYBE 210. How can you hit "maybe 210", i've never seen a radar gun, GPS, or any other speed measuring device that had "maybe" as part of displayed speed.

I will be there, and I will be taking video, so feel free to bring your speed monster and prove us all wrong.

But why wait until then? I looked at your website, saw the photos of a stock looking savage. So you must have a digital camera. Go ahead and post up your pics so you shut us all up. C'mon. Besides, you crashed you ruslter going 40 (ha) into a curb. You must have really improved your skills to contol a 210mph land rocket.

Feel free to prove me wrong though.
    Last edited by TrickSpeed; 01-03-2005 at 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling