Notices

Thread: How many individuals have gotten sponsorships?

1. How many individuals have gotten sponsorships? 
    hello, I'm just wondering how many of you individual guys out there, have gone out, and asked different companies to sponsor you for this event, and how many have agreed to help?
    I have asked 8 companies if they wanted to help, out of those, 2 i never got a reply from, 1 said no, becuase they arn't in the car market, 1 said maybe, and right now, I've got 4 on board for sure.
    just wondering how you guys out there, trying to get sponsors for this event are doing.
    thnx
    -Nick

Lucky you, DualBL, I could never get sponsored to save my life. Maybe its my attitude or funny looks, I dunno.

However, I get to say "Id like to thank myself for..." if I do win something.

Yeah.. Jetcat USA hooked me up with this..

http://jetcatusa.sitewavesonline.net/p80.html

Eddie

No comment!......

Later,Randy

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentKing101
    ...Maybe its my attitude or funny looks, I dunno.
    Probably not your looks, some of those pros look preatty bizarre, I personally think Brian Kinwald looks kinda on the strange side, but thats just me Any way sponsor ships like that are one in million, and based completely on how you drive not how you look. Frankly if I were a sponsor, I would think hey he's a great driver and I don't really care how goofy the guy is.

I've got two for sure. One for tires and another for multi-disc clutch.

Now if I could only find out who to talk to at Futaba.

Mike

i have more than 4 sponsors, but i doubt ill make it to the event!
    Last edited by microrcdude; 08-03-2004 at 08:15 PM.

actually, it just might not be either. If I end up with a fresh Pro 4 to "experiment" with, I will love HPI forever. and ever and ever...

sponsor list:
    KBR Motors
    Tony's Tire Service
    PSYCHO BIKES
    PSYCHO BIKES RACING
    KEENAN BROS. RACING
    moms purse
    dads wallet

I have about 10 sponsors. Without them my project would not exist! I thank them all.
    You can find them at
    Extreme Speed Electric RC Car

Sigurd

What do you guys ask for when inquiring for a sponsership? Do you basically just tell them you plan on competing in an RC speed competion late next year and need some of their products or what?

yeah, that's basically what i did. most of the companies i asked gladly wanted to help. it's advertisement for them, and it saves you money. win, win.
    -Nick

Nick, what companies have you asked so far? Have you actually recieved any of their products yet? I mean, most RC companies are probably competing in this competition anyways, I don't see why they would want to give away their products.

Thanks,
    Kevin

So far, I have the backing of:
    BMI for motors (www.brushless-motor.com)
    ColdFusion Racing for CNC work (www.coldfusionracing.com)
    Mtroniks for controllers (www.mtroniks.net)
    and lastly, B-P-P for batteries and chargers (www.b-p-p.com)
    only problem with B-P-P, is that their distributers, not manufactures, so it's hard for them to discount.

-Nick

LOL @ sponsors...only thing a sponsor is good for is for you being a bilboard for them....personally i dont like to be tied down with one person...I/my machine shop sponsor myself for r/c and real cars!

^^
    I don't see it as being a bilboard for them. Of the companies that are helping me out, I told them my designs, and they said that they'd be able to help me out on the electronics side. Of course they're going to want something out of it, but I think that a sticker here and there, is well worth it to not have to pay $1000's of dollars on the equipment.
    that, and I would gladly put stickers on my cars with their names even if all they could help out with was a few screws. After talking w/ these guys, I have gained alot of knowledge, and some of them are fairly close friends now.
    -Nick

LOL...man what do you think a sponsorship is all about? You think John Force gets millions of dollars from castrol just for the hell of it? Or Dale Jr. with budwiser? They are a billboard for the comapnies. To promote to product. Thats all a sponsorship is about. Not to help out the underdog or anything. Look at all the racers Adam Drake, Kinwald, whoever that are sponsored by big names like losi...do you think losi would sponsor them if they werent as good as they are? Almost every race the are on the podium! Thats what sponsor look for is someone to be a "household" name and people buy the product because the performace of the driver.

i know what your saying, but I'm saying with the companies that I've asked, that's not what it's ALL about. who says some companies don't want to help out the underdog? You can tell alot about a company by the response you get when you ask for a sponsorship. and the ones that I went with had alot different response than the ones that would only sponsor me if they were garanteed their name's in the magazines, and ect.
    -Nick

Quote Originally Posted by promodvette
    LOL @ sponsors...only thing a sponsor is good for is for you being a bilboard for them....personally i dont like to be tied down with one person...I/my machine shop sponsor myself for r/c and real cars!
    Because
    everyone has a machine shop
    Don't be so humble, you're not that great
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Is anyone sponsored by non-rc related companies? I myself am sponsored by Monotuning, but I was wondering it was possible for non-rc companies to sponsor people. And if so, what do they help you with? I have a hard time thinking that they would give you money.

I am currently sponsored by a few companies. Actually at least two of the companies are the same that DualBL and myself are both sponsored by.

Being sponsored does help with the project, YES. But do not let that make you lose focus of the goal and that is beating the world speed record.

And the question about non-rc related companies sponsoring you. Yeah sure, get them to purchase the product and send it to you. That is better than asking for cash in the long run. And that way they know exactly what was purchased with their money.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieWeeks
    Yeah.. Jetcat USA hooked me up with this..

http://jetcatusa.sitewavesonline.net/p80.html

Eddie
    3K for a turbine engine that's not bad. I've seen them go for 5k easy. I guess it depends on the size of the turbine engine.

Oh and when you say "hooked up" you do mean FREE right?